Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2016

Casper

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

FML, it appears I am now traveling down with two Triumphs and two Ducs. Dead batteries and break downs all over the place. Fuck.

These are fairly inexpensive at HF http://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/tow-straps/3-ton-15-ft-tow-strap-36608.html

I'm sure you could daisy chain them all together and the Big Kawi will have plenty of power to tow them all at once.

• Upvote 2

The website is showing one, one bedroom Willow cabin left and one two bedroom Azalea. I will give them a call tomorrow if there isn't anything open and see if I can get the one bedroom.

11 minutes ago, tyler524 said:

The website is showing one, one bedroom Willow cabin left and one two bedroom Azalea. I will give them a call tomorrow if there isn't anything open and see if I can get the one bedroom.

No lodge rooms left? Also, we have a block of cabins and lodge rooms, so they would show as available on the website. You have to call. They may have been released already though. 

I just booked a room for Wednesday through Sunday for a double queen bed room. I am officially in for this trip now. If anyone else is looking for a bed, I have an extra to spare.

8 minutes ago, tyler524 said:

I just booked a room for Wednesday through Sunday for a double queen bed room. I am officially in for this trip now. If anyone else is looking for a bed, I have an extra to spare.

FYI, if you were going down with ben and matt...which also means me and pauly we are going down via WV, staying in Virginia Wednesday night.....

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Tonik said:

FYI, if you were going down with ben and matt...which also means me and pauly we are going down via WV, staying in Virginia Wednesday night.....

This. Not sure what your plans are, but if riding down with us we are leaving Wednesday morning ish and getting to Fontana Thursday evening. 

On 4/30/2016 at 9:06 AM, Tonik said:

FML, it appears I am now traveling down with two Triumphs and two Ducs. Dead batteries and break downs all over the place. Fuck.

FML, looks like I am calling them tomorrow to adjust

8 minutes ago, tyler524 said:

FML, looks like I am calling them tomorrow to adjust

So you want to be in c-bus noonish Wed. roll with them to Beckley WV where you meet me coming from Cleveland. Fun starts instantly at that point, down 16 to Marion for the night. Pauley meets us there.

Then Thursday is epic. The Snake, 209, 212 Wheels Through Time Museum, bit of BRP maybe then Blue Crab Bisque in Franklin.

Hotel is now fixed and I check in on Friday night. Thanks for the quick heads up. I am off to bed now since it is after 2 am in Germany and I have to be up in a few hours.

Hotel is now fixed and I check in on Friday night. Thanks for the quick heads up. I am off to bed now since it is after 2 am in Germany and I have to be up in a few hours.

Shouldn't that be Thursday to Sunday?

6 minutes ago, tyler524 said:

Thursday man...we arrive in Fontana Thursday. When you call back blame us if it helps.

4 hours ago, Casper said:

Man I hope he just made a typo. :lol: 

Ha wow that was bad. It was for sure just a typo and my room is Thursday through Sunday. I had to go back and double check the confirmation this morning 

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Tonik said:

So, if I decide to do a two day ride down can I tag along? I've got all this reclaimed PTO that I don't know what to do with.

1 minute ago, TimTheAzn said:

So, if I decide to do a two day ride down can I tag along? I've got all this reclaimed PTO that I don't know what to do with.

Yes, you can never have too many Triumphs with dead batteries and crashing Duc's in a group. But there is a point where I will tell others to f' off and die.  Don't want a huge group on those back roads......we have six now, not counting those that drop out due to dead batteries or crashing.

Current plan is to meet Ben and Matt and the guy whose name I don't know in Beckley around 3:330 or so Wed.  Matt is tied up until noonish.  So I was just going to leave in the morning, not too early and wander down 800 or something.  Then a couple of hours down 16 from Beckly to Marion VA for the night.

Just now, Tonik said:

Yes, you can never have too many Triumphs with dead batteries and crashing Duc's in a group. But there is a point where I will tell others to f' off and die.  Don't want a huge group on those back roads......we have six now, not counting those that drop out due to dead batteries or crashing.

Current plan is to meet Ben and Matt and the guy whose name I don't know in Beckley around 3:330 or so Wed.  Matt is tied up until noonish.  So I was just going to leave in the morning, not too early and wander down 800 or something.  Then a couple of hours down 16 from Beckly to Marion VA for the night.

I do know Blitz was interested in a two day down as well that would be the only other person I would think of. We wanted to do a two day down and then trailer home (his girl is driving down). 

I am open for anything/ time. I'm going to go put in for more PTO right meow just in case.

• Tonik unpinned this topic