Toolmaker Needed

jacobhawkins

Shop I work at is in need of a toolmaker.  Not a machine "operator", someone who knows how to setup their own work and get it done.  Minimal oversight until the part is finished.  Should be able to run manual mills and lathes, surface grinders, form grinders, some CNC mill/lathe work would be nice.  Wire EDM and waterjet experience would be great.  We mostly use HAAS CNC mills/lathes, have a Mitsubishi EDM, Jet Waterjet and I draw/program in GibbsCAM.  

Please get ahold of Mike or Steve Plahuta at B&G Tool Company at 614-451-2538.  

I'd be happy to answer questions, but give Mike or Steve a call if you're up for the work.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I know a good programmer but he lives in dayton.   I'm too new to using powershape to apply anywhere.  but I can operate and setup cnc routers and cnc machines.  a little lathe and mill work.  still too new to be hired anywhere else.  we just do more wood stuff than metal which is why I am looking for a new job.  I hate working with wood.  apparently carpenter is the same thing as a woodworker to them.  I knew nothing lol

I was almost interested, till he said work hard!

Looking at that wrong. The hard work goes into increasing cycle time, and a good solid setup. For example put as many vises as possible in/on machine. More is done at once so you get more time to fuck off. But in all reality I would see your long cycle time and ask you to do something else too.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

Still need somebody.

Entry Level Machinist - B&G Tool

At B&G Tool we build and repair tools, dies and fixtures. Our goal is to provide quick turn-around and quality work at a competitive price.  Established in 1965, our craftsmen are dedicated and skilled, most of them having been part of the B&G family for over 20 years.  We specialize in intricate, angled bend dies along with our gauges and fixtures, compound angles, and multi-plane surfaces.

• Software we operate: Solidworks, Bobcad, Virtual GibbsCAM
  • We accept small jobs and walk-ins as well as assisting with design.
  • We are certified to ISO 9001.

We are looking for an entry level machinist or two to mostly help prepare material and make material test samples.  The person will operate surface grinders, manual roughing mills, manual lathes (to a lesser degree), saws, drill press, etc.  Competency with hand measurement tools (mics, calipers, height gauge) and an ability to read a print and hold tolerances are important.

Above all else, we need a person who works hard and is willing to learn.  We anticipate some on the job training.  We are a small company, but with an additional building coming this year we are looking for dedicated and self-motivated new folks to add to our team.

Pay is dependent on experience and competency.  Healthcare insurance costs are covered, a 401(k) plan is offered, profit sharing vestment starts on day one, vacation pay after 1 year, and two yearly bonuses.  We offer a safe and fun work environment and take pride in the fact that we get up and make (different) great parts every day.

This is a full time (plus overtime) position with hours: M-F 6am-4pm and many Saturdays 6-11.

For more information or to apply, contact Jacob Hawkins at jacobhawkins205@gmail.com.