Looking for route suggestions Cbus to...mexican border?

silentcropduster

Kidding about the mexican border route, but looking for 2-3 hour round trip ride suggestions.

Leaving from Columbus, prefer south or south/east.

I did look up motorcycleroads.com however I wanted to build a route from columbus and back, find it slightly confusing.

Also is there a way to save and load up a specific map (route) to my google maps on my phone?

Thanks in advance!

Atlas perhaps? Seriously, you are gonna have to venture at least 30 minutes minimum to get to some fun twisty roads from Columbus. Head East on 33, and take your pick of where you want to explore, the entire Hocking Hills area is a hoot. You are gonna be gone a helluva lot longer than 2 to 3 hours for any of the fun roads in Ohio......just sayin. You need to get out and explore, you are missing out on some kick ass riding in this state. Why not hook up with the folks that do the "Epic rides" that is your best opportunity to meet folks here and to ride some sweet roads?

Edited by Pokey

Atlas perhaps? Seriously, you are gonna have to venture at least 30 minutes minimum to get to some fun twisty roads from Columbus. Head East on 33, and take your pick of where you want to explore, the entire Hocking Hills area is a hoot. You are gonna be gone a helluva lot longer than 2 to 3 hours for the fun roads......just sayin.

I gotcha, im down for a long @$$ ride but my fiance bought a 14" Hond CB500F & she's still getting use to the bike. I was looking at this for starters: http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/692/Routes/Scenic-Route-664.html

Sorry I had edited and added to my post before you quoted me, and depending on her riding experience and how well she can ride, I would only stick to back roads "county roads" until she is really comfortable. Has she done a riding course or anything similar? I don't want to sound like an asshole, but if she is not a pretty experienced or comfortable rider......stay off the super twisty roads until she gets some miles under her belt.

Sorry I had edited and added to my post before you quoted me, and depending on her riding experience and how well she can ride, I would only stick to back roads "county roads" until she is really comfortable. Has she done a riding course or anything similar? I don't want to sound like an asshole, but if she is not a pretty experienced or comfortable rider......stay off the super twisty roads until she gets some miles under her belt.

no offense taken man, shes on her 2nd bike, shes got about 5k miles under her belt, has been with me to hocking area twice now, we just dont have time to go as much as we'd like. The Epic Rides are always on days we r busy :-| but ill keep and eye out.

Then in that case, that route will be about what you are looking for right now. :) Might also take route 16 East to 586 N to 541 E then take 60 N to 62 and then take it back down to New Albany. 514/520/715/83 are all just fabulous in that area as well. :)

• Upvote 1

664 is a great intermediate road for sure. Linking it with 374 is great, they "X" each other and are joined by a 4-5 mile stretch of 56 between South Bloomingville @ 664/56 & 374's end at 56. That stretch of 56 had road closed signs up after some monsoon season damage, I suspect 1 of 3 bridges washed out. Chapel Ridge Rd parallels it but is NOT a novice road, off camber decreasing radius turns pop up unexpectedly, and it's very narrow.

374 has some more advanced sections than 664. I prefer to hit the twisty hill climbs uphill, so I always do 374S 56w 664n basically is the simplest version of what I love/recommend (my standard route is based on 374 s - big pine Rd e - 664 s - 374 s - 56 w - 664 n - 374 n; I skip the combined portion of 664&374, running up to both intersections but not on the combined 664/374 stretch)

664 is a great intermediate road for sure. Linking it with 374 is great, they "X" each other and are joined by a 4-5 mile stretch of 56 between South Bloomingville @ 664/56 & 374's end at 56. That stretch of 56 had road closed signs up after some monsoon season damage, I suspect 1 of 3 bridges washed out. Chapel Ridge Rd parallels it but is NOT a novice road, off camber decreasing radius turns pop up unexpectedly, and it's very narrow.

374 has some more advanced sections than 664. I prefer to hit the twisty hill climbs uphill, so I always do 374S 56w 664n basically is the simplest version of what I love/recommend (my standard route is based on 374 s - big pine Rd e - 664 s - 374 s - 56 w - 664 n - 374 n; I skip the combined portion of 664&374, running up to both intersections but not on the combined 664/374 stretch)

And you do all of that on an archaic bike......impressive.

Also a simpler/longer route like 664 from Pickerington area to 56 in South Bloomingville, 56 E to 278 N to Nelsonville, skip across Nelsonville to 78 E - detour on 685 E to 13 N back to 78 E (685 is A BLAST, short & very sweet), then 78 to 60 N to 669 W to 668 N to 204W back into pickerington

Edited by Chuck78

And you do all of that on an archaic bike......impressive.

Hey, easy there with your insults on my beautiful ol 'Zuk!

It actually handles incredibly well in modified form, and in stock form, handled pretty good aside from typical vintage archaic dampening & vintage tires, & handled quite well stock in comparison to the z1's/kz1000's/cb750's of that period.

There's a reason Team Yoshimura dropped Kawasaki and started racing Suzuki GS750's & 1000's immediately after they were introduced in '77. The frames handled far better than their competition. My Fox Factory Shox, custom spoked wheels, highly modified front end, and box aluminum front end help a lot as well...

Edited by Chuck78
  • Upvote 1

I'm actually always able to out-handle that bike in the twisties against a good friend with a significantly newer ZRX1100... my buddy jack on a newer Ninja 600 is always right on my tail though. It seems to out-handle early ninjas by far though.

I was going to suggest out east near Coshocton and Zanesville / southeast Ohio for very fun road but slightly less technical, and almost no traffic and no LEO presence. the routes already suggested above, I think it was by pokey, and one other after, are pretty good.

541 is very nice from 79 all the way to Coshocton. 60 has a decently good section just north of 16, but at Tunnel Hill/541, 60 is very nice through Warsaw and to Killbuck. 83 north of Coshocton is real fun.

North & slightly west of there you can catch 79 to Walhonding Rd OH-715 (starts and ends on oh36), then midway into the fun stuff on 715, head north on 206 to the middle of the fun stretch of 62. unfortunately making a route out of 206 involves cutting off half of the good sections of both of those other roads, but it's all in a name of a great route.

16 to 79N to 541E to 83N to 39?W to 60S is a GREAT route with me lots of fun curves and hills, and lots of desolate countryside and wilderness scenery. It takes you through the 20,000 acre Woodbury wildlife area on 541 and 60.

if that route was not enough, and you have enough daylight to stay away from Twilight deer strike time, try taking 79 north again (from 60->541) up to 36 and 715 to 206. then 62 West back into Columbus. this is a wonderful and fantastic ride, with almost no traffic, and slightly safer curves than Hocking. Hocking and southeast Ohio offer some very technical stuff, but the other stuff can be just as flowing and fun near Coshocton.

Typos above, was going going to suggest the areas around Coshocton & Zanesville as opposed to SE OH, for slightly less technical riding but just as much fun, and no traffic or LEO.

Boxed aluminum swingarm on my 77 GS750 helped a lot. Late night typing before falling asleep... not "box aluminum front end."

Edited by Chuck78