Lakes with Pontoon Boat rentals

Bad324

Friends brought up the idea of taking a day to rent a pontoon for a day and party barge it. I'm a Lake Erie guy so I know very little about the inland lakes The only two lakes I can think of off hand are Atwood and Pymatuning but haven't looked in to either yet to see if what we're wanting to do can be done there

Looking for something within a 2 hour drive of CLE, can rent a pontoon boat and can have coolers of beer and not worry about being hassled for it

Edited by Bad324

Back this hitch up into the water
Untie all the cables and rope
Step onto the astro turf
Get yourself a coozie
Let's go
Who said anything about skiin'?
Floatin' is all I wanna do
You can climb the ladder
Just don't rock the boat while I barbeque
On the pontoon
Makin' waves and catchin' rays up on the roof
Jumpin' out the back, don't act like you don't want to
Party in slow motion
Out here in the open
Mmmmmmm...motorboatin'
Reach your hand down into the cooler
Don't drink it if the mountains aren't blue
Try to keep it steady as you recline on your black inner tube
Pontoon
Makin' waves and catchin' rays up on the roof
Jumpin' out the back, don't act like you don't want to
Party in slow motion
Out here in the open
Mmmmmm...motorboatin'

Wonder how strict they are on the no alcohol rule

Chippewa Lake near Medina 

do they have rentals there? Love the idea because its close but only did a quick google search and didn't find any rental info. I'm also doing 3 other things at work so I may just not have searched right

Wonder how strict they are on the no alcohol rule

Stick them under ice and Cokes, and don't do anything stupid or come back shitfaced and you'll be fine.  They didn't check my coolers, but they might ask if it's a bunch of Doods all puffed up on testosterone and Axe Body Spray.

• Upvote 2

Berlin Lake is another lake that you could look into. I haven't been there in years so I couldn't tell you if they rent pontoons. Have you looked at going to Sandusky Bay? A quick Google search shows that there's a place that will rent pontoons boats. From there you could take it to the sandbar where everyone hangs out and parties (sometimes they even have a party barge there). If you want a quiter area just stay in the bay west of the route 2 bridge that crosses the bay, not usually a lot of people hang out there since it can get shallow. I'm not sure if you're familiar with that area but I've been going there my whole life so if you have any questions I'll be glad to help.

Edited by nautical1

West branch rents.. Tappan rents. And tappan doesn't seem to care about open containers on a boat.There's a loophole of sorts in the no alcoholic beverage law on state owned lakes boats scene. If no alcoholic container is "seen", you can't be sited if you're smart about it. So, mr ranger approaches your boat and you have solo cups full of whatever, and he asks to board your boat or what's in the cup. You say, Apple juice and hand him the boating law and say i do not give you permission to board my vessel. He'll get pissy and leave. But don't take my word for it. Research.

State Parks:

Intoxicating Beverage

OAC 1501:41-3-22
No person shall overtly and publicly consume or display the presence of any beer or intoxicating liquor in any area administered by the Division of Parks and Recreation, except within the confines and privacy afforded in a cabin, lodge room, tent, or camping vehicle or in areas authorized by the Chief of the Division of Parks and Recreation.

Ps Bad, if you "actually" like to fish. I boat from whiskey island. Pm me your number and I'll text you the next time I go fishing. It's amazing to me how few people actually like to fish anymore. Not talk and BS but actually fish.

Edited by Gump

I've had mixed experiences at Salt Fork.

As a teenager, we were cited for underage possession and had to dump out hundreds of beers in front of the park rangers.

As an adult, they huffed and puffed A LOT, checked everyone's ID, threatened to throw us in jail and fine us some ungodly amount PER CONTAINER, and then they left without doing anything.

We never drank on the lake.  I did a lot of tubing on that lake as a kid, but by the time we were 21+, our buddy's dad wasn't springing to rent the boat and cover our gas any more :p

As small group wouldn't get hassled.  A bunch of dudes probably would.

Anyone know anything about Mosquito Lake? That came up in the search last night

Can't remember what the wife found but either Tappan or Atwood is the current leader due to pontoon rental price point. It will likely be a bunch of couples so I'm not too worried but just want to avoid hassle if I can

Call ahead. A few weekends ago, we decided to rent at Deer creek. Called down there and they would not reserve, so I just paid as if I was boarding it right then. Yes, I paid for two hours not used, but I also had a boat for the day. They were sold out by the time we arrived.

Ps Bad, if you "actually" like to fish. I boat from whiskey island. Pm me your number and I'll text you the next time I go fishing. It's amazing to me how few people actually like to fish anymore. Not talk and BS but actually fish.

I would love to come fishing on your badass boat. Unfortunately, I don't have the time this summer and the six-hour round-trip kind of sucks.