Fall Epic Ride 2015 - Sept 12, 2015

DerekClouser

we are now a maybe.

I vote next spring we use the old route and meet place..... this new one is a lot of slab work. my out of kitchen pass is only good for 12 hours.

Noooooo, no epic ride without u guys  from west side

+1.

The "perks" of living in NEO. I can see the lake from my house. > :(

Sent from my iPhone.

U really need a sport touring machine, since u like T3 go for sprint :D

we are now a maybe.

I vote next spring we use the old route and meet place..... this new one is a lot of slab work. my out of kitchen pass is only good for 12 hours.

Personally, I really like this route as it covers some of my favorite roads I ride all summer. Lots of clean roads with some great turns and transitions. Plus, I think the meet spot is more centrally located too, especially for the NEO crew. That said, I am not opposed to making a new route each year. Some volunteers would just have to do a few dry runs to ensure the route will be clean and contain enough twisties to keep everyone happy. I have been all over this state, so a new route will not bother me one bit. We could always alternate for each Epic ride, Lancaster route for the spring and New Concord for the fall.

Yea, the ride is planned to switch to a different location every year. Hocking Hills is convenient for Dayton people, but rather inconvenient for the NEO people and New Concord is more convenient for NEO and less convenient to Dayton.  

I'm just trying to keep the ride ever changing so that it doesn't get too stagnant. 

• Upvote 1

we are now a maybe.

You gotta find a better way to New Concord.  Slabbing sucks.

Noooooo, no epic ride without u guys  from west side

U really need a sport touring machine, since u like T3 go for sprint :D

I really do need a ST now. I wanted the super sport for the quick around town stuff that I do most of the time but now that I have a new car, I don't use the bike like I used to. I need to get some seat time on some other bikes. I've got a fair amount of time on Brian's old VFR since sold to my friend, I like it but I've been spoiled by how nimble and skinny the Daytona is. Anything but another Daytona is gonna feel like a cow.

I believe I will try and make this.  As long as my bike is top notch and ready to go and I have no plans with the significant other I will attend.  I am new so I will start in the slow/new group.

That's a lot of conditions. :crazy:  But please try to make it. 

Pretty soon now, guys will start posting for regional meet-up locations. There will definitely be one for folks from NEO so try to hook up with them.

I really do need a ST now. I wanted the super sport for the quick around town stuff that I do most of the time but now that I have a new car, I don't use the bike like I used to. I need to get some seat time on some other bikes. I've got a fair amount of time on Brian's old VFR since sold to my friend, I like it but I've been spoiled by how nimble and skinny the Daytona is. Anything but another Daytona is gonna feel like a cow.

I thought the same thing when I switched from the 636 to the VFR. Then i rode the vfr for 2 years and got another cbr. Sold that thing in like 3 months cause I felt like I was sitting on a toy

Yea, the ride is planned to switch to a different location every year. Hocking Hills is convenient for Dayton people, but rather inconvenient for the NEO people and New Concord is more convenient for NEO and less convenient to Dayton.  

I'm just trying to keep the ride ever changing so that it doesn't get too stagnant.

hocking is not convenient for us either, just easier. we slab majority of the ride, either way. I like the old meet place because the restroom and gas station we in the same lot as us (i have a small bladder, hellmutt has a thirsty bike).

We are not a maybe because of the route or meet place. We have had some things come up lately. We still plan to try to make it.

No worries Derek. You're doing a great job with all the planning and helping with the route changes. What works for some, wont work for others - and that's the only fair way to do it. Ever changing. Honestly, one of the last Dreamrides ( pre Epic ride ) that was based out of Newark was the most centralized meet point to date. May be a good idea to try there again next season or 2. I'd even be game to trailer up towards Mansfield/Lexington for an Epic ride there ( if there's some savvy locals that could feed in good routes ) on a weekend so we could FINALLY meet more of our NEO riders. Likely be an overnighter for us, but I'd still dig it.

You gotta find a better way to New Concord.  Slabbing sucks.

Our biggest problem is we're having to leave home around 6am to make it to the final meet point in time, and without slabbing it would likely add an hour'ish to the journey. Stopping twice in route to help grow our group, meeting others from western/central doesn't help our travel time either, but I enjoy congregating stray riders and giving them a bigger pack to ride in with. Safety in numbers, and all that.

In all, we'll PROBABLY make it again this year. Definitely gonna miss my sweep, but AJ has a solid commitment to keep - and a huge congrats to him on his wife-to-be. Found himself a keeper. My wife can sweep for me if need be.

This month has been plagued with OT, and this is hell week at work, be 70+ hrs, but I'll be back to straight 8s next week and have time to do some last minute planning for the western OR meet up. Actually, I'll likely copy and past the Spring Epic WOR meet thread since the routes the same.

Thinking I'm in for the ride. Rode with Hellmutt in the spring and had a blast. Willing to ride with his group again or a medium fast group. Figure it out when I make it to the church.

Yea. I'll be bringing dogs and burgers. If anyone wants to bring sides that's cool too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does this mean we are going to have to sprint back to NEO after dinner to get back home at a decent time? Hopefully Tpoppa is coming to he can be the LEO bait like last time  :lol:

Does this mean we are going to have to sprint back to NEO after dinner to get back home at a decent time? Hopefully Tpoppa is coming to he can be the LEO bait like last time  :lol:

The plan as of now is for my girlfriend to show up about 2pm (still need to fine tune this time) and start grilling so the dogs/burgers will be just finishing as we finish.  This way we can eat right away and those who need to head back can still do so.   Should be done eating no later than 4:30pm so everyone should be able to get home well before darkness if they wanted.