Windows 10

2talltim

thanks! The motherfucker broke the sound on my PC (had to fuck with drivers for a half hour) and now I have a mystery "Unknown USB device" that shows up in the hardware manager but is unidentifiable - it literally says "Device Descriptor Request Failed" so now my UEFI takes a full minute to load before even attempting to load Windows because it talks to Windows and sees a problem. I've unplugged every USB device but it persists which would leave me to believe it's one of the USB ports on the board though they all work fine (the board is <6 months old) and are all  accounted for already in the device manager. So, I say Windows is fucked, not my hardware.

Edited by ScubaCinci

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 12/17/2017 at 4:32 PM, motocat12 said:

https://betanews.com/2017/12/17/windows-10-keeper-vulnerability/

How long until we get to start this over for windows 11?

microsoft has announced there will never be another windows after 10.  this is it.  I'm not making this shit up.   google it.

I guess I'm lucky as nothing seems broken with mine.  and I have the fall creators update.

Edited by serpentracer

for the record, I don't use their password manager.  I use last pass.  want to use dashlane but they're not interested in making one for linux.  I use linux on my desktop for 99.9% of everything.  windows 10 on the laptop I use to flash my bike etc.  and only that.  since I seen that people should steer clear of lenovo computers because of spyware crap in them.   some install from the bios into a fresh install of windows.   I was going to toss this brand new fucker in the trash when I read this.

Edited by serpentracer

• 7 months later...

Yeah, supposedly the last Windows op sys, but not the last platform op sys. I heard they will move over to something else. And Windows 10 is free from Microsoft, if you know where to find it on their website. I downloaded iso images to make install disks/USB sticks.

Edited by ReconRat

• 3 months later...
33 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

Opened my door to heavy metal music that wasn't on when I left...

Windows had restarted and played a youtube video form a while ago that was paused. 

Working as intended.

When windows 10 restarts and a program is open it puts in a persistent registry key in the Run Once hive with a label of Automatic Restart for that program.

It then runs that program one time when it starts back up. Hence the hive name Run Once.