Cop on a power trip...

magley64

Yea, someone please tell my what law gives the cop the right to order you to put out your cigarette in your own car. It has nothing to do with securing the scene or safety of the stop. He was a dick the entire time and should be fired. He was being a dick when he pulled her over for the turn signal issue.  Have any of you EVER been pulled over for that?  There is a point where cops f'ing you over gets old, and you push back.  I think a lot of people are at that point now.

That said I don't think the cops had anything to do with her death, other than she should not have been there in the first place.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Maybe I'm hearing things, but doesn't he ask nicely for her to put her cig out, and she replies with she "doesn't have too"?  Then she starts telling him her rights and that she doesn't have to listen to him.  The she starts yelling at him and continues to torment him.  Even called him a bitchass, fucking pussy, etc...

The comments on the video are disturbing.  LEO's have to deal with this kind of attitude daily.  They are law enforcement officers, do as they say, and you will have no issues.  Easy as that.

I'll be the first to admit that I couldn't deal with that crap.

Edited by Ron505
  • Upvote 2

The comments on the video are disturbing. LEO's have to deal with this kind of attitude daily. They are law enforcement officers, do as they say, and you will have no issues. Easy as that.

8400025b31e42b2618235e6189a5e29d.jpg

"I miss America"

• Upvote 1

Yea, someone please tell my what law gives the cop the right to order you to put out your cigarette in your own car. It has nothing to do with securing the scene or safety of the stop. He was a dick the entire time and should be fired. He was being a dick when he pulled her over for the turn signal issue.  Have any of you EVER been pulled over for that?  There is a point where cops f'ing you over gets old, and you push back.  I think a lot of people are at that point now.

That said I don't think the cops had anything to do with her death, other than she should not have been there in the first place.

He was just going to give her a warning, but my conclusion is "When to assholes collide"

What about this cop, should the rider have cooperated with him?

Dude sued, got some cash. Cop got 38 day suspension.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2013/04/wrongfully-arrested-motorcyclist-who-had-helmet-cam-seized-by-dallas-county-sheriffs-deputy-sues-for-1-million.html/

I feel like he should have better things to do than pull her over for not using a signal.  If he has that much free time maybe they don't need to employ so many cops.  Starting with him. 

Or maybe she should follow the law and use her signals so he doesn't have to pull her over.

I don't disagree that she should have used her signal however if cops took the time to pull people over for that level of infraction they could do it 24 hours a day and still not get everyone.  It comes down to picking things worth the time.  If I am paying taxes to pay his salary I don't want him wasting it on a stupid signal. 

It's called fishing. You know how many big arrests take place from bullshit traffic stops? I'm not saying if the cop was right or wrong to escalate the situation, but saying cops need fired for doing their job and enforcing traffic laws just doesn't make sense to me.

It's called fishing. You know how many big arrests take place from bullshit traffic stops? I'm not saying if the cop was right or wrong to escalate the situation, but saying cops need fired for doing their job and enforcing traffic laws just doesn't make sense to me.

I never said he needed to be fired for doing his job. 

If you're fishing, fish, it's bullshit but whatever. Once you've dropped your line in the water and get nothing, you try again, you don't eat the worm.

Once he realized she was clean, he should have cut her loose, not started a fight with her.

Edited by magley64

Alright boys and girls this happened in Texas no idea what the law is specifically in Tx, but if a law enforcement officer asks you to put out your cigarette you do so. Otherwise it's considered not complying with a lawful order of a peace officer. Why did he ask for her to put it out? Same reason why you are not allowed to smoke in a restaurant also it can be used as a deadly weapon. She flicks that lit cig at his eye he could lose his eyesight. Think it can't happen? Guess again. Was the cop being a dick for even pulling her over? Kinda, because he definitely has better things to do. However he was probably phishing to see what her deal was. Normally most LE like 2 have multiple equipment violations or multiple moving violations before they pull you over. Mainly because they don't wanna seem like dicks for pulling u over for a headlight out or turn signal. Also it looks better in court if u can state "judge I pulled the defended over due to having a cracked windshield, a head light out, and failing to use their turn signal." However, I can speak from experience that the biggest drug stop I've ever had was due to a marked lanes violation in a small village police department. 300+ grams of Marijuana, 50+ baggies, a pint of herbicide/pesticide, digital scale, and a hydroponics growing magazine. Lastly, I've been to Texas have never spoken to the LE down there but I've heard from locals that you don't fuck with the Texas highway patrol and now I know why.

double thumbin' it!

Edited by silentcropduster
  • Upvote 1

I'm not arguing about the escalation, only about the comment that he should be fired for enforcing a turn signal violation.

But that isn't at all what I said. I said if he has the free time to harass a citizen about a stupid turn signal he isn't needed.  I don't know how else I can explain this to you. 

• Downvote 1

Once he realized she was clean, he should have cut her loose, not started a fight with her.

So you are saying then that she acted completely appropriately and had nothing to do with the start of that "fight"? I don't get what is so hard about following the officers commands? If she had then none of this would have ever happened...I am not saying the officer is a saint but as previously said "if you play stupid games you win stupid prizes"

Bottom line, follow the officers commands...If you feel that it was inappropriate then follow up with his commander or your state representative after the incident. Don't start a fight that you are inevitably going to lose!

• Upvote 1