Chattanooga Marine Shooting - Thoughts on Radical Islam

Tpoppa

Neither our weak president nor our corrupt congress have what it takes to effectively deal with this problem.

The sad fact is that is will take a much larger tradegy for the public to demand a decisive military response.   Unfortuately, my gut tells me something bigger  and far worse is coming.

• Upvote 3

I'm not sure how we can make this not commonplace. The rest of the world has had to deal with this shit for decades. Can it even be stopped? I'm not sure there is a fix for this.

I agree with her that President Obama is a wet noodle. I'm also disturbed that ANY religion still has credibility in 2015.

Fear gives religion credibility, and "radical Islam" is feared on a whole new level. I wonder how many lives have been lost "in the name of Islam" in the last say 15 years, compared to Hitler and his attempted eradication of the Jews? 

Mark my words, we've only seen the tip of this battle. It's going to get a whole lot worse before it get's better.

• Upvote 1

Have you guys seen the numbers of these fucking people we've let immigrate here over the last 15 years? It's incredible, hundreds of thousands of Muhammadans are here under refugee and student visa programs. Meanwhile my white 2 year old is taking off her shoes and getting wanded at airport security.

Islam should be treated as a terrorist organization, full stop, and people from those goat-fucking countries can lose their USA visitation privileges. What is the upside to letting them in when we have millions of decent Asians and Europeans waiting in the immigration queue?

Have you guys seen the numbers of these fucking people we've let immigrate here over the last 15 years? It's incredible, hundreds of thousands of Muhammadans are here under refugee and student visa programs. Meanwhile my white 2 year old is taking off her shoes and getting wanded at airport security.

Islam should be treated as a terrorist organization, full stop, and people from those goat-fucking countries can lose their USA visitation privileges. What is the upside to letting them in when we have millions of decent Asians and Europeans waiting in the immigration queue?

Careful, your ignorant racism is showing.

Maybe. More like, "Yesterday's impressionable youth is tomorrow's terrorist."

These scumbags prey (pray?) on young minds and exploit them for their own gain.

A suicidal person i a danger to himself.  A suicidal muslim is a danger to everyone else.  

Muslims view suicide a sin like many other religions, but they have the "out" that an act of Jihad is not considered suicide...even if it's a suicide bombing.  Killing yourself is a sin, but killing yourself + others is not (as long as it's the "right" others).

For that reason (and others) "Yesterday's moderate is today's terrorist."

• Upvote 1

On the flip side, how many middle eastern children have been massacred by drones and random bombings? That shit has blowback. We'd want to burn the Middle East to ashes if that shit happened here.

Dude, that shit did happen here, that is why we are bombing them. And don't start on some chicken and egg debate, I know where you live. I will drive there and yell asshat from the street.

Edited by Tonik
  • Upvote 1

When trying to solve a problem it can be helpful to look for patterns to better define the problem

Buddhists living with Hindus = No Problem
Hindus living with Christians = No Problem
Christians living with Shintos = No Problem
Shintos living with Confucians = No Problem
Confusians living with Baha’is = No Problem
Baha’is living with Jews = No Problem
Jews living with Atheists = No Problem
Atheists living with Buddhists = No Problem
Buddhists living with Sikhs = No Problem
Sikhs living with Hindus = No Problem
Hindus living with Baha’is = No Problem
Baha’is living with Christians = No Problem
Christians living with Jews = No Problem
Jews living with Buddhists = No Problem
Buddhists living with Shintos = No Problem
Shintos living with Atheists = No Problem
Atheists living with Confucians = No Problem
Confusians living with Hindus = No Problem

Muslims living with Hindus = Problem
Muslims living with Buddhists = Problem
Muslims living with Christians = Problem
Muslims living with Jews = Problem
Muslims living with Sikhs = Problem
Muslims living with Baha’is = Problem
Muslims living with Shintos = Problem
Muslims living with Atheists = Problem
MUSLIMS LIVING WITH MUSLIMS = BIG PROBLEM

There must a common denominator somewhere in here :)

On the flip side, how many middle eastern children have been massacred by drones and random bombings? That shit has blowback. We'd want to burn the Middle East to ashes if that shit happened here.

Have you ever heard any stories of an American Serviceman using a child as a shield?  Or purposely building a strategic installation near a school?  No?  Neither have I.

If you happen to know someone who saw any real action in the Middle East...like Special Forces or a defense contractor ask them how many times they saw a child being used as a human shield by a Muslim fighter.  It may help you understand your enemy when you see a father hiding behind his own child because he knows the Marine with the M4 won't risk shooting the kid.  That shit happens over there.       

• Upvote 1

It's easier to define a victory and defeat when you're fighting a country.  A country can surrender.  You can post guards at borders.  You can sanction a country and impose rules like post WW2 Germany.

When fighting a group like ISIS or Al Qaeda it's not that simple.  If ISIS surrendered what's stopping them from reorganizing under a different name?  

"The terrorists formerly known as ISIS."   What could be considered a successful military campaign?

Most people I served with wouldn't shoot a kid, short of the kid pointing a loaded gun at you.  Servicemen who were in situations like that are reason behind the sky high suicide rates for Veterans.

War is hell, but you still need to sleep at night.

The Marine should shoot the kid. If the enemy is hiding behind the child, the child should be shot. It's cruel, but are we fighting a war, or not? T

Kill one terrorist create 5-10 more if the kid's family aren't already. The locals will never admit it was their fault the kid was shot.

I hope I'm wrong...but if there's another major, 9/11 sized attack on US soil, the end game is going to be total annialation of Isis or Al Qaeda and their sympathizers.   Today, our populous doesn't have the stomach for that kind of conflict, but that could change quickly like it did after PH or 9/11.

I hope I'm wrong...but if there's another major, 9/11 sized attack on US soil, the end game is going to be total annialation of Isis or Al Qaeda and their sympathizers.   Today, our populous doesn't have the stomach for that kind of conflict, but that could change quickly like it did after PH or 9/11.

Not with the current commander in chief, that would never happen.

Probably just release a speech the next day praising Islam and talking about how peaceful and wonderful it is. It's sickening watching what's going on in this world and in our country. I have no problem with peaceful Muslims, but at what point do we all stop pretending that all Muslims are peaceful? It's a sad truth that a large number of Muslims are not peaceful and want nothing more than death and destruction, of their own people and ours. Is Islam peaceful? Depends who is reading it and how they practice it. Being Christian doesn't make you a peaceful person, look at Westboro, so why does being Muslim automatically call for everyone to cry out "religion of peace"?

I'm just so sick of the race and religion issues. Two fucking issues that mean nothing to anybody but the person they pertain to. I don't care if someone is a different color, religion, sexual orientation, etc... It's not my business, and has no effect on me... I don't understand why that's such a hard concept for people.