No guns for Social Security dependents

motocat12

I work in healthcare. It is not easy to have someone declared incompetent. If enough doctors and a court feel you are not able to cash a check, maybe buying a firearm isn't a good idea either. I have to research more.

"The Gun Control Act of 1968 prohibits any person from selling or otherwise transferring a firearm or ammunition to any person who has been “adjudicated as a mental defective”"

So round and round the merry go round?

I'd argue if you're living off working Americans maybe you should have already pawned your gun to support yourself.

"The Gun Control Act of 1968 prohibits any person from selling or otherwise transferring a firearm or ammunition to any person who has been “adjudicated as a mental defective”"

So round and round the merry go round?

I'd argue if you're living off working Americans maybe you should have already pawned your gun to support yourself.

While talking about the young disability recipient....yes. We are also talking about millions of elderly afflicted with various organic dementias. Many have paid their dues ten-fold. SS is their retirement in many cases.

Adjudicated means to have been declared by a judge. That doesn't apply in many cases where someone has an alternate payee for their ss checks.

Correct. If this decision is to bar people with an alternate payee, it is wrong and should be hotly contested. Becoming payee is not a determination of mental capacity. More often a matter of convenience.