Mid Ohio 7/20, 7/21

F4iguy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's what everyone says haha I sent him an email thanks. He told me to tell him when my next track day was about a month ago so he could make it but the bike wasn't in riding condition from a lowside so I didn't want to have him show and not order anything.

Made a dumb mistake and earned a trip to the ER.  Broken collarbone, everything else seems OK.  I was having a great day until then.  Pics and vid to come.

Sorry to hear that! I helped them unload your bike. I was pitted not far from you (Black GSXR 750 #25 - White Ford Van).

Both days were pretty good for me. I wanted to make it down into the 1:40's on Monday and the 1:39's on Tuesday, which I was able to do. Was hoping to go quicker but my day ended 3 sessions early on Tuesday when I stripped a pinch bolt on my forks trying to get some fresh tires on. Still working on trying to remove that bolt...

John....just caught the video.....damn!!!  Looks like you were in just a little too tight early on 12....never even thought about that situation before.  Some turns inside curbing can be pretty nasty, but most of Mid-O is pretty smooth transition on/off the curb.  I know T2 at PIRC North can be like a small jump, upsetting the bike pretty close to what happened with you.  Sorry about the crash and I hope you are starting to recover.  Take it easy longer than you think you need to...

Moral of the story - stay off the curbing. I was getting obsessed with hitting apexes perfectly and may have been getting too close a few times. I know coming out of the keyhole I was clipping the curbing more than a few times.

Thanks to all for their well wishes.

Made a dumb mistake and earned a trip to the ER.  Broken collarbone, everything else seems OK.  I was having a great day until then.  Pics and vid to come.

Sorry to hear and hope you are able to get back out there soon.  Take care of yourself.

I'm signed up for novice on Wednesday. Going to ride the bike up though unless someone from Columbus is trailering up and doesn't mind letting me tag along. 

Pretty sure between my tank bag and backpack I can fit everything I'll need though. Track virgin. 

Great day in the novice group minus one little mishap (lowside) on turn 11 in the first session after lunch. The guy was fine from what I understand... not his bike though. I guess he grabbed a fist-full of front brake mid-turn and tucked the front.

Killed my chicken strips dead and seem to have gotten some decent lines down around the track. I'll definitely be buying a number of vouchers this winter and probably a dedicated track bike.

Everyone else's day go well I hope?

I had another great day yesterday. Tied my personal best of 1:49.2 with a couple others in the 49's. I was consistently in the 50/51's all afternoon which is an improvement over last time. 

I felt like my front was sliding a lot though. I had two big pucker moments, one in 9 and had to clean my pants out after the one in 11. Right before the hill crest it slid and i really though i was going down. I let off the gas some (not chop) and don't know if that is what your suppose to do but i came out shiny side up. 

There was not one crash in intermediate all day. I really though there was zero for all groups until i read his statement above.