I am going to murder my trailer.

redkow97

I picked up a 7x16 enclosed a few months back.  Got about 90' of e track to install, and a couple of bike chocks to put in.  These trailers sure aren't built to take too much of a beating, eh?   LOL

I picked up a 7x16 enclosed a few months back. Got about 90' of e track to install, and a couple of bike chocks to put in. These trailers sure aren't built to take too much of a beating, eh? LOL

You'd be surprised. I've used my dads 6x12 for moving over the last 3 weeks and it's taken a beating from that. The biggest beating are to customizations we made like paint and carpet and such

Got mine for making a move too.  Reinforced the floor with better supports, helped alot.  Walls leave a lot to be desired though.  Putting some track on them too but figure you can't really tighten straps down alot or the wall will give, at least thats the way it feels.

Anyone here installed any of that e track?  Figured on two continuous runs on the floor, and two on each sidewall  Then need to incorporate the 3 chocks on the floor too.  Adding another interior light too up in the front.

Edited by ohiomike

Yea we have e track on the floor in ours. Just did a strip up front and a strip across the back. Never had a need to haul more than 2 bikes at a time. Walls are definitely too weak to trust putting it in the walls of this one. Though our big car hauler we put e track on the walls to hold lighter stuff. I'll never have an enclosed trailer with out

I ran wire from the lights to the frame for a ground on my HF trailer. Never had another issue. The factory setup is shit, for sure.

I think the hinge is what was screwing things up. I wired directly from the lights to the frame, and it seems to be working.

Yeh, carryinbg a ground through a frame like that often fails due to bad connections along the way, ie rust or corrosion of some sort.

bad-I'm setting this up to help hold things down and I figured the sidewall track could hold lighter boxes and so on from falling all over after a 300+ mile trip.  Never done this before, so am hoping for the best.

Yeh, carryinbg a ground through a frame like that often fails due to bad connections along the way, ie rust or corrosion of some sort.

bad-I'm setting this up to help hold things down and I figured the sidewall track could hold lighter boxes and so on from falling all over after a 300+ mile trip. Never done this before, so am hoping for the best.

That's what we did on the side walls too. My dad uses the trailer as a makeshift camper too so he straps the canopy and chairs and luggage etc to the side wall ones. Works great!
  • Upvote 1

4ba517e3c328869985e8751c066a6c97.jpgbf28e3b872d72aac56a2f2ed030bf411.jpgLED lights is all I've done to mine so far. Pretty happy w the results for no more than like $30 from eBay. Wanting to put a workbench/cabinet yo front in the v nose area but haven't figured out how yet. Also want to have some kind of a fold out or hanging platform for a small sleeping area that can be out of the way when not in use. Also haven't figured that out yet. Anyone done any add ons like that?

"I miss America"

• Upvote 1

My dad has a pretty nice cot that he just uses the wall mounted e track to hang it to when traveling

I honestly think a decent cot is the lightest weight option, and it involves no modifications to the trailer.  Both are big pluses in my mind.

a small stand to lift the cot higher off the ground (allows for storage under it, giving you more room to walk around) might be the only modification I would make.

4ba517e3c328869985e8751c066a6c97.jpgbf28e3b872d72aac56a2f2ed030bf411.jpgLED lights is all I've done to mine so far. Pretty happy w the results for no more than like $30 from eBay. Wanting to put a workbench/cabinet yo front in the v nose area but haven't figured out how yet. Also want to have some kind of a fold out or hanging platform for a small sleeping area that can be out of the way when not in use. Also haven't figured that out yet. Anyone done any add ons like that?

"I miss America"

Nice man....maybe I'll do that after the move.