2008 sv650s - $3400 to OR member

what

I gave myself an ultimatum this morning, if I didn't ride the SV to work I was going to put it up on OR and so, here we are. I really like this bike but I don't want it sitting around gathering dust and I don't see myself riding it too often with my new Striple love affair. Thought about tracking it but I really don't want to do that to a perfectly good, titled bike. 

The low-down:

2008 sv650s - Grey

6390 miles (slightly more now, took a couple rides on it last season)

Motosliders - no cut, lower fairing is fully intact

Resprung front end - 1.0kg sonic springs, 20wt fork oil fresh this spring. no emulators

ZX14R rear shock - direct bolt on

Short levers - adjustable

Pirelli Diablo Strada tires

Mechanically sound, runs great

Has been an outdoor bike for half its life, it has been covered but it's definitely not garage-kept perfect

A couple scratches on the fairing from a low speed drop

I will include the stock springs/shock with the bike along with any other misc parts. 

Asking $4000 on the list of Craig but will do $3400 for an OR member; reasonable offers will all be considered, looking for cash at this time. 

Photos:

(any damage/blemishes shown here)

New picture:

Here you see her in her den, hibernating for the winter. 

20170218_183156.jpg.a3cd9ff0d11a6d26a82333e771c07d4b.jpg

20150510_143328_resized.jpg

20150510_143417_resized.jpg

20150510_143423_resized.jpg

Edited by Tonik

The suspension upgrade made it a totally different bike, one that actually holds a line through a curve. Effortless I guess would be the best way to describe cornering after the swap. If I were to hang onto it, the next upgrade would be some new brakes and braided lines. 

Can I ask how much you weigh?

Just curious as comparison to the suspension upgrades you did, I'll be upgrading and setting mine up in the near future. If modifying the bmw s1000rr shock I have to work doesn't pan out, I'll go with either zx10 or zx14.

Can pm me if you want to keep thread clean. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

The spring/shock setup I have would work for someone like 270-310'ish. Probably would want to swap for a lighter weight oil if you're on the lower end of that though. If you're re-doing the rear shock I would REALLY suggest looking into respringing the front as well. Sonic Springs has a guide on their site for spring rate vs. weight. 

Edited by what

The spring/shock setup I have would work for someone like 270-310'ish. Probably would want to swap for a lighter weight oil if you're on the lower end of that though. If you're re-doing the rear shock I would REALLY suggest looking into respringing the front as well. Sonic Springs has a guide on their site for spring rate vs. weight.

Gotcha, probably good info for potential buyer as well.

But yes I plan to do the front and rear together at the end of the season. Springs and oil for the front are for sure and possibly emulators. I'm sub-200 with gear so I'll be doing my homework for the correct setup. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

New brake pedal is on the way and will be installed this week to replace the "modified" one. Easily adds at least $2500 to the value of the bike but just for OR I'll keep the price the same.

• Upvote 1

Just want to throw this in there for anyone who is interested in This bike;

I had a 2006 brand new and rode the hell out of it for three years then sold it to a close friend who rode it for about three years, he would agree with me when I say it was one of the very best bikes we've ever owned and I have had many. You can't go wrong with an SV, best Suzuki sport bike in my humble opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

uh oh pictoors went away. I'll repost this weekend.

also wanted to mention, I'm open to taking a (cheap-ish) track bike + some cash in trade.

Edited by what

• 2 months later...

Still for sale, price staying the same. Taking 'er down to Xenia on Sunday for storage (nice dry basement-garage), not really expecting to sell it over the winter. If anyone's looking for something for the spring, keep it in mind.

:)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

"It's finally warm again" bump.

Bike is currently in Xenia, stored for winter. Will be giving it the pre-season treatment in the next week or two (fluids changed, spiders relocated, etc). 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Brand new Yuasa battery and freshly bled brakes as of today. Considering riding it this weekend down to Hocking or something... it's so smooth in the corners, hurts to think about selling it but it needs to find a new happy home :(

• 5 weeks later...