Nelson Ledges 7/18/15

kramerica41

Nelson has a lot of grip in the rain (can't speak for the new patchwork), just don't go out on 13 year old rains that have the profile of a brick...

Riding in the rain is fun...kind of nerve racking as you first are trying to figure out how much traction is there.  Once that initial period is over and you start to slowly push your limits, it is a great time.  I'm not riding in the rain this year, only because of what happened last. but I will again in the future....just not again at Mid-O, there is no point there.

not again at Mid-O, there is no point there.

I literally just went through the WERA thread about them calling the event last weekend.   It's a shame that track is 'officially' unrideable in the rain.

('officially' per AMA Pro racing http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/ama-pro-riders-deem-mid-ohio-not-unrideable-in-wet-buckeye-superbike-weekend-on-indefinite-hold-for-weather/)

I literally just went through the WERA thread about them calling the event last weekend.   It's a shame that track is 'officially' unrideable in the rain.

('officially' per AMA Pro racing http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/ama-pro-riders-deem-mid-ohio-not-unrideable-in-wet-buckeye-superbike-weekend-on-indefinite-hold-for-weather/)

Ehhh if you want to live on the edge, go to a wet track day and scare the shit out of yourself!  It is rideable, if that is what you call putting around constantly questioning what the bike is going to do in the next corner.

Racing....no way...someone will just end up getting hurt, for what? 

You'll be fine......no worries, it's just a trackday. Ride at your own safe pace and all will be fine!!!

In "I" group there is all kinds of flavors......fast and slow, out of control and smooth riders. find someone your speed, be smart and have fun!!!

Just looked at the results, and i didn't see any names I recognize.  Has everyone stopped racing?  seemed like we had 5-10 riders from here registered for every round a few seasons ago.

No Brandon, no Jinu, no Craig, no Ron... I know Steve 'officially' retired and Matt sold his bike while he's finishing law school, but what gives?

I have just had schedule conflicts with moto series events (weather didn't help either I have no desire to race in the rain ever again). That and the fact the schedule did not come out until March so it was to late for me to plan accordingly with work. If I can get the war dept. blessing I will be racing the 40 next Sunday.

Edited by RonStopable

I have just had schedule conflicts with moto series events (weather didn't help either I have no desire to race in the rain ever again). That and the fact the schedule did not come out until March so it was to late for me to plan accordingly with work. If I can get the war dept. blessing I will be racing the 40 next Sunday.

I might have to come out to witness your epic return !