Got me a new scoot!

Pokey

Been on the fence about what my next bike was gonna be, thought a Super Tenere or an FJ-09 might be in the cards. But I just could not get the latest 650 V-strom out of my head, so I went out to the Pony on July 3rd and bought the only XT which they had only had on the floor for 4 days. Kyle was so awesome to deal with, and the sale and overall process was pretty painless. I am quite the fan of the Stroms, and thought it was finally time to go with the 650 version for a change. In short......I am loving it, the ole trusty 1000 will be going up for sale soon. Less is more for me the more trips I take and the more I ride, and I think I may have this girl for a while.

Well that's horseshit, trying to attach a pic and it keeps having upload error.

Edited by Pokey
  • Upvote 2

What no "guess thread" :D

Seriously the 650 v strom looks like a hoot to ride. Rode some miles on jerrys previous gen of v strom. It's very nimble that it scared me. It's just falls into corners. And seating is like perfect upright with visibility all around.on the V u actually ride a trip and make it a journey and just not ride a road

• Upvote 1

Attaching pics to this mobile site is ridiculous. Mobile should be simple.

Exactly.   I upload to an image hosting site and just link it in anymore.  

Props on the new ride Brian -- get them pics up

Every time you say "that's my next bike," I know that bike will never see the inside of your garage. What happened to the Victory or the Wing and 2 up with the misses?

She could care less, so that was for sure an easy decision. Who knows if maybe one will get added to the garage in the future, but if I can only have one bike it would be an ADV style machine.

I think is was the Vstrom seat that gave me prostate cancer. Is the seat better than the 1st gen?

So far my prostate is good, although full way too often!! LOL   Yeah the latest seat is pretty decent, but of course you know I will be replacing it eventually. How is the Wing with the new suspension working out?

Nice bike Brian. They had one up at Romney on 1 July when I picked up my new V2. Today I finished the 600 mi Svc. Now going next week to ride the (KAT) Kentucky Adventure Trail. You should bring that new bike down to the mud and water. Good Luck and how is your son doing.  B.

2014%20Suzuki%20DL1000%20V2%20003.jpg

• Upvote 1

Beauty of a Vee2 Brian, and yeah me seeing the XT for the first time down in Romney during the rally, is what really got me thinking that I wanted one. Did my early oil change today and have been breaking the new bike in real fun like, so it is just about ready for a bit of dirt and grime. Thanks for asking about my Son, as I type this he is upstairs in his room, he just got in late tonight for 2 weeks. Been 6 1/2 long months since we have seen him, so glad to have him home. :)

Edited by Pokey