2008 Kawasaki ZX14 - no longer for sale

Helmutt

No, I'm not selling mine....this is for a friend. Well loved, babied, virtually mint condition 2008 ZX14 with an ULTRA low 5929 miles. Bike is in Middletown Ohio.

Sapphire blue and basically stock except for stainless Muzzy slipons, smoked windscreen, fender eliminator kit, new tires, and wired for Battery Tender. Clean and clear title.

$7200 OBO

PM me or post up and I'll shoot potential buyers his cel.

OeyMEndh.jpg

vwtJRuBh.jpg

Edited by Hellmutt
  • Upvote 1

Yup.  Same powerplant as well, only the C14 is derated and shaft driven so the primary is different.  Believe the fuel tanks are possibly the same too?  Not sure whether they share the same forks though.

Yup. Same powerplant as well, only the C14 is derated and shaft driven so the primary is different. Believe the fuel tanks are possibly the same too? Not sure whether they share the same forks though.

Just put a zx rotor on mine so I bet they are the same. The C14 has variable valve timing too not sure if the zx has that.

Just put a zx rotor on mine so I bet they are the same. The C14 has variable valve timing too not sure if the zx has that.

Not the gen 1 zx14's.  Haven't researched the Gen 2 or 3 to know about the 1441cc version's valve timing.  That may be where some of the deration comes into play on the C14 as well with the different valvetrain, and it's likely that only the block/cyl's are the same but the trans and top ends vary between the bikes??  Mine at stock gearing, and at 80mph/6th, the tach is about 4k - but that wouldn't equate to the Connie's final drive ratio since it's surely different due to the shaft drive.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know the details whether or not the friendship remains, but he can't even afford to hand the owner his deductible. Sucks for my buddy to have to learn such a hard lesson. That bike was tits and now it's likely totalled. We believe he went into a corner too hot.

I know if a friend of mine dumped my bike, walked away unscathed, and couldn't hand me the deductible....we'd still be friends....but his jaw would be wired shut for a while.

I dont know the details whether or not the friendship remains, but he can't even afford to hand the owner his deductible. Sucks for my buddy to have to learn such a hard lesson. That bike was tits and now it's likely totalled. We believe he went into a corner too hot.

I know if a friend of mine dumped my bike, walked away unscathed, and couldn't hand me the deductible....we'd still be friends....but his jaw would be wired shut for a while.

What a scumbag.

At that point I'm telling my friend "cool bike, wish I could afford to ride it."

They are very skilled riders.  If there ever was a mishap they would make it right before I ever had to ask.

I would never ride a bike I couldn't afford to pay for.  And I would INSTANTLY, before I even asked for an ambulance, tell the owner I'd pay for it, if I ever rode someone else's bike and dumped it :(