Columbus Sportbikegirls

ninjagirl219

Hello peeps! I haven't been on here forever so forgive me if a post similar to this exists...really didn't want to go digging. Lazy like that! :)

So I'm wondering where all the gals are who ride sportbikes. Specifically ones who prefer riding in gear (helmet, jacket, etc.) and on curvy roads. It's been forever since I've met riders like that here local in Cbus. Are any on this site?

Isn't there a ladies only forum somewhere on here?

If there is...point me to it. I couldn't find it!

Okay guys, if you know of some ladies who ride (sportbikes with gear - yes, I'm a snob in this manner and don't care) but don't get on this forum can you share where they visit most so I can find them? Instagram? Facebook? I know they're out there, I want to find them. I know this seems like a weird post, but as the founder of the Women's Sportbike Rally and it hitting it's 10th year, I'm saddened that I don't know any ladies here local in Columbus that I can ride with. I had to start a rally and travel to Deals Gap to make it happen.

Where are they?

Edited by ninjagirl219

Okay guys, if you know of some ladies who ride (sportbikes with gear - yes, I'm a snob in this manner and don't care) but don't get on this forum can you share where they visit most so I can find them? Instagram? Facebook? I know they're out there, I want to find them. I know this seems like a weird post, but as the founder of the Women's Sportbike Rally and it hitting it's 10th year, I'm saddened that I don't know any ladies here local in Columbus that I can ride with. I had to start a rally and travel to Deals Gap to make it happen.

Where are they?

I can't help you much, but we probably know some of the same people. I've been to your rally a couple times years ago.

Thanks Paul and Jason. Good to know there are a few out there even if not on here. I DEFINITELY have no interest in staying or communicating on this forum. I really just want to find some cool girls who ride sportbikes and wear gear instead of posing to get attention. I have to wait every year for the rally or special occasions to meet and ride with them. I know we exist locally. Just trying to find them is all. :/

They're all making babies and using their bikes as coat racks. I tried recruiting women from this forum to join you all and all I got was childish shit talk from some wannabe model that couldn't ride in the first place. Then, lots of comments about you all being lesbians (as if that's a problem?) and needing shown how to ride. I extended the offer two years in a row and then gave up on any hope of recruiting actual riders from this forum.

Snot is a rider. She's a good rider. MJ gets a pass because she decided to spend her twenties in college. The rest don't ride. They just own a motorcycle. Don't waste your time, Steph.

Ha! Well thanks for trying, but honestly, I'm not doing this outreach for the rally. I just really want to meet some more lady riders local to me.

But to the "lesbians needing shown how to ride" comment! That cracked me up. I'm honestly glad whoever makes these assumptions of this event and other events like it stay away. They would only taint (pun intended) the awesome that it is each year. The people that go are the right people to be there and thankfully that's all that matters.

Yea, but Casper broke it. You have to be a supporter to get in.

nope, I am a supporter and it's not there. But, do we really need it?

Where are they?

If there is...point me to it. I couldn't find it! Okay guys, if you know of some ladies who ride (sportbikes with gear - yes, I'm a snob in this manner and don't care) but don't get on this forum can you share where they visit most so I can find them? Instagram? Facebook? I know they're out there, I want to find them. I know this seems like a weird post, but as the founder of the Women's Sportbike Rally and it hitting it's 10th year, I'm saddened that I don't know any ladies here local in Columbus that I can ride with. I had to start a rally and travel to Deals Gap to make it happen. Where are they?

I am north of Dayton.

There are a few more on here, they lurk instead of posting.

Ninjachic08, OSUMJ, Tall Tracy, and I know we have more that are cruiser style.

I would not worry about trying to find more ladies. The guys here are respectable and helpful, they are also safe riders and wear gear. I have rode with many of them, and I will again. Epic ride is this fall, come on out and ride with us.

Urbana is 30 min from us. Yeah, it's flat and straight, we ride east of cbus a couple times a year.

Edited by snot

I appreciate that. Honestly though, I'm kind of in a been there done that phase of my life with the large group rides and always being one-of-the-guys. Rather ride with some cool ladies and their significant others like who I meet at the rally every year and of course Pauly and his wifey. Wish everyone lived closer. :/

I just really want to meet some more lady riders local to me.

I think by visiting some of the local motorcycle dealers and asking

around, you may get more info on groups of ladies that ride, in the

central Ohio area.  I'm sure that many, like yourself, would be more

than happy to find other women to ride with, without being in a group

that included men.

Another idea is to start a MeetUp group, to attract female riders.

http://www.meetup.com/

Here is one group.

Buckeye State Lady Riders

We are women motorcyclists who love to ride!

We welcome all types of bikes, and are affiliated

with the Columbus chapter of Women On Wheels®

known as the Buckeye State Lady Riders.

http://www.meetup.com/Buckeye-State-Lady-Riders/

And check these girls out.

https://www.womenonwheels.org/

I believe this is a family oriented group:

http://www.meetup.com/Nobles-Motorcycle-Club/

The next two have lots of women riders.  Ask around.

http://www.meetup.com/Central-Ohio-Riders/

http://www.meetup.com/ColumbusMotorcycleRiders/

My wife rides. She's always AGATT, now has full leathers. Rides a ktm, no fairings, but still very sporty. We live in Hamilton, south of Dayton. I'm sure she wouldn't mind doing a ride like you talk. And we can always host a NKY ride.

• Upvote 1

Give the thread some time, the ladies in the wood work will come out.

The epic ride is large but we are in groups of 10. You could opt for the meet part of you don't want to ride in a large group.

Edited by snot

I ride. I've been trying to find women riders in my area for a while, but I kinda suck at going to events and meeting people.

Far east Columbus area. 

I also don't use this forum too often.