Finally caught the Dragon by the tail

Helmutt

Was the zx a fat pig on the tight dragon

I failed to answer your question Doc. Gearing is tall for the Dragon, but the bike handles well for what it weighs. As you know, it will obviously never flickably corner like a 600 or even a VFR, but it outcorners any cruiser there. And since I carry more ballast and have ridden mine considerably longer than you yours, the bike's weight seems less noticeable to me.

I failed to answer your question Doc. Gearing is tall for the Dragon, but the bike handles well for what it weighs. As you know, it will obviously never flickably corner like a 600 or even a VFR, but it outcorners any cruiser there. And since I carry more ballast and have ridden mine considerably longer than you yours, the bike's weight seems less noticeable to me.

Awesome, I like the bike on sweepers and any thing over 30-35 posted speed limit, it's like a stable ship. But less than that I am fighting it quite a bit

Awesome, I like the bike on sweepers and any thing over 30-35 posted speed limit, it's like a stable ship. But less than that I am fighting it quite a bit

With the corners being as banked as they are, it's not too bad to keep corner speed up enough to keep it feeling planted. I doubt you'd have any issues. If I can do it, you can too

maaan that sounds awesome!! Pretty bikes too.

I want to do this route but I have no trailer to haul my bike, I'd have to put so many miles on her..

also I think I will do the mid-ohio racetrack instructor course first to get some critique on cornering before I approach the dragon.

thanks for sharing your story.

and F- the rain this year.

Edited by Samcw

maaan that sounds awesome!! Pretty bikes too.

I want to do this route but I have no trailer to haul my bike, I'd have to put so many miles on her..

also I think I will do the mid-ohio racetrack instructor course first to get some critique on cornering before I approach the dragon.

thanks for sharing your story.

and F- the rain this year.

Air up the tires for the freeway and ride that bitch down. Leave at 3 am and get there by noon. I've done it twice this year and plan on maybe one more time.

Air up the tires for the freeway and ride that bitch down. Leave at 3 am and get there by noon. I've done it twice this year and plan on maybe one more time.

Someone buys a hyper couch and forgets he one had a TL. Bet your answer was a bit different then :lol:

Someone buys a hyper couch and forgets he one had a TL. Bet your answer was a bit different then [emoji38]

I rode it down at least once a year when I had it. Thinking I rode it down 3 times, trailer ed it another 3.

• 3 weeks later...

I love it there bro! Glad u all had a great time and no falls.. I'd like to no that rout u took to Georgia. ...sounds fun. I've ridden all the other routs and watched four different bikes run off the road on the cherahola Skyway. ....i have to agree that the roads down there are amazing. ..no pot holes or cold patch.....love it. ...i hot all excited reading your script.....it's definitely a once a yr trip at minimum.

Btw..i destroyed a set of bridgestone hypersport S20's there.....but we'll worth it...ha!

My rear Roadsmart2 took a whoopin but it still held up fairly well considering it was low on pressure as well. I have 3 sets of wheels for my 14 to keep fresh rubber readily on tap since it's always hungry to sheer tires down quickly. Usually at least a pair of rears to one front. Maybe something is wrong with my right wrist? :D

my girl is nibble.

:lol: NIMBLE....your bike is nimble. Although, I do enjoy your nibbling :D

And you were catching me because my front tire was a greasy mess at that point. It almost slid out a couple times, had to yank the seat back out of my ass so the mechanic could test ride the new tire

Edited by Hellmutt

• 1 year later...
On 6/29/2015 at 0:33 AM, Hellmutt said:

"wife and I chuckled to one another over our Sena coms that the rain was coming down harder than the falls were, and kept riding."

Sena Coms kept working thru the downpours????   Obviously much better than my experience with maybe 2 minutes of rain on our 10S models!

2 hours ago, Qman said:

Sena Coms kept working thru the downpours????   Obviously much better than my experience with maybe 2 minutes of rain on our 10S models!

I've rode through many a down pour while chatting with various people on both my SMH10 and 10u never had a problem with any of them at any time.

1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

I've rode through many a down pour while chatting with various people on both my SMH10 and 10u never had a problem with any of them at any time.

Figures...everything i buy is junk!