Finally caught the Dragon by the tail

Helmutt

The bunkhouses are ok but they're not bathroom equipped, so middle of the night shits would incur a walk to the lodge where the community baths are. Also, the bunkhouses are rented on a per bed basis, so if all the beds aren't taken you dont know who else you're bunking with. Less security for your gear/personables. We rented a shared cabin, where 2 bedrooms of up to 4 people share a personal bath and each room has it's own key, which is more private and secure. Just sayin, if you can get 3 or 4 guys to commit, it's fairly priced. The 4 of us stayed 3 nights for a total of $585, so it was less than $50 a night for each of us

Yup stayed there before, I love that place. I guess I have a little more trust in people than most but I've meet great people and maybe life long freinds sharing a bunk room. Now i know bettwr to leave my high end valuables out but if somone want to rummage through my dirty unddies and steal my right guard i guess they needed it more than me anyway. No reason for late night shits for me I'm pretty regular [emoji38] Edited by 2talltim

Yup stayed there before, I love that place. I guess I have a little more trust in people than most but I've meet great people and maybe life long freinds sharing a bunk room. Now i know bettwr to leave my high end valuables out but if somone want to rummage through my dirty unddies and steal my right guard i guess they needed it more than me anyway. No reason for late night shits for me I'm pretty regular [emoji38]

Gotcha. Wasn't sure if you were familiar with the place or not, so just passing info along. You just never know who you can trust, so we try and take measures to cover our interests.

I really liked the layout there, and all the comradery was nice even though we were the only 4 sportbikers there in a sea of cruisers and Harleys.

It is set in a dry county, so no alcohol sales but they don't mind if you byob at all. I'd recommend it to anyone, and we may go back there next time ourselves.

There are a few places that sell alcohol but they are limited on what they carry and it's a premium price. These places are grandfathered in and all are resorts of some sort. Gap store, fontana grill, and the pit stop at Fontana are just a couple.

Just emailed Iron Horse about available beds labor day weekend and they said they only have 4 beds in the bunk house available. I need to decide soon. Would like to get a small group but I know some folk already have holidays planned out.

Bunk house? The others there would kill you in your sleep trying to stop your snoring

Stop second guessing the pros you clowns. We always go that weekend because that weekend is always perfect. I expect you to join us next year. Now I need to see your asses back at the track

Agreed. Wife and I both want to hit MidO again, but at this point the schedule is looking like next year. We already plan to head to Putnam in August, but not much left in the cards this season since we blew the wad on a pair of sumos

Rains every year I go down with OR. Had to try Something new :lol:

but, not like Friday.. monsoon season started Friday. I knew we were in trouble when the bike shop said "it hasn't rained in weeks"(something like that).

so, how is the weather in July?

I may be in on a blast down there again. I have access to a cabin cheap in Robbinsville any time I am down there, so a place to crash (bed lol) is not an issue.

What kind of trip you have in mind (brief itinerary?) Tim?

Prob just slab down ass crack ealry on Friday, and either spend 2 days in the area then take my long way home via BRP and 16 like I wanted to earlier this month spe ding a night on the way back. Or just spend 3 days in the area and just slab back home Monday. Nothing set in stone yet but really want to out some miles on that weekend. Was thinking about doing Pokey's annual rally too but I'd really like to get out of state.

Thanks for the pics.....gets me pumped for our trip.  We go every year (since 2009) and meet up with the same group of people in Maggie Valley.  We can now say that we have friends from all over the US, Canada, and the Ukraine.  We'll be there for the last week in July.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the pics.....gets me pumped for our trip. We go every year (since 2009) and meet up with the same group of people in Maggie Valley. We can now say that we have friends from all over the US, Canada, and the Ukraine. We'll be there for the last week in July.

let us know how the weather is please, we are considering end of July next year.

Edited by snot

I was hoping to show you guys some amazing roads. Darn rain

You did bro, rain just slowed us down some. Thursday and Friday were the best riding I've ever done on the street. Appreciate the tow

Nice pcs, glad u guys had fun. That one Friday is worth the whole week. Was the zx a fat pig on the tight dragon. I still don't have too many miles on the bike on good roads. Hope grand took some videos. Plus one on the iron stay, very good place with reasonable pricing

• Upvote 1

Nice pcs, glad u guys had fun. That one Friday is worth the whole week. Was the zx a fat pig on the tight dragon. I still don't have too many miles on the bike on good roads. Hope grand took some videos. Plus one on the iron stay, very good place with reasonable pricing

Had to hit 1st gear a couple times on the ZX14 due to traffic, but held 2nd gear most everywhere else on the Dragon. All other routes were 2nd and 3rd gear with no problems