Finally caught the Dragon by the tail

Helmutt

Why you clowns wait and go alone instead of on our annual ORDNANCE trip aye?

Yeah, like Oldschool said. Figured we were going to hit a sweet spot in the weather by going later in the month. The locals we talked to said early-mid May or waiting until September as it rains most all summer.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Every time I read 1 of these posts I get more and more determined to make it there.

Definitely make the trip man. We started kicking ourselves over waiting so long as soon as we got there. It's one of THE best times you'll ever have on 2 wheels

Why you clowns wait and go alone instead of on our annual ORDNANCE trip aye?

I'm not saying this was the same reason for Hellmutt, but I was a bit nervous going down there and I wanted to make my first trip with some close friends so I can experience it first my own way before trying to tackle it all with a group of people I'm only relatively familiar with.  

Hindsight, wouldn't have mattered, I was overthinking it in my own head.  I'll be planning to attend with the rest of you hooligans next year. 

• Upvote 1

I also had a job change that prevented an earlier trip. I loved the sena, as we all know I am a noob. I am on my 4th season and third bike. Hellmutt gave me a few heads up and granda talked me through a couple of tight corners. After my lowside at Mid O last year I have issues with turns that are tight down and then back up. I found the sides of my tires and had a blast.

pics to follow

Edited by snot
  • Upvote 2

We tried to go later in the season, hoping for less rain. Jokes on us.

Yeah, like Oldschool said. Figured we were going to hit a sweet spot in the weather by going later in the month. The locals we talked to said early-mid May or waiting until September as it rains most all summer.

Definitely make the trip man. We started kicking ourselves over waiting so long as soon as we got there. It's one of THE best times you'll ever have on 2 wheels

Stop second guessing the pros you clowns. We always go that weekend because that weekend is always perfect. I expect you to join us next year. Now I need to see your asses back at the track
  • Upvote 1

I also had a job change that prevented an earlier trip. I loved the sena, as we all know I am a moon. I am on my 4th season and third bike. Hellmutt have me a few heads up and granda talked me through a couple of tight corners. After my lowside at Mid O last year I have issues with turns that are tight down and then back up. I found the sides of my tires and had a blast.https://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=901&pictureid=12517https://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=901&pictureid=12521https://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=901&pictureid=12502https://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=901&pictureid=12514

Get back to the track with me and let's fix that

• Upvote 1

I'm not saying this was the same reason for Hellmutt, but I was a bit nervous going down there and I wanted to make my first trip with some close friends so I can experience it first my own way before trying to tackle it all with a group of people I'm only relatively familiar with.  

Hindsight, wouldn't have mattered, I was overthinking it in my own head.  I'll be planning to attend with the rest of you hooligans next year.

Kind of backwards thinking. Going the first time with us means you're there with a group of guys that know the roads and area very well and that go multiple times a year every year so you're in good hands to learn a dangerous area safely. You'd have the best tour guides around not to mention be with a group that is highly capable of handling any bad situation there since we know the area and the group includes Mechanics, Medics, Mcgivers, Jerryriggers, Nurses, Sandwiche Makers and Bartends. Why would you want to go any other way? Rides are always divided by pace and skill too

I sort of get that, factoring trustworthy companions and all. Wasn't the case for us, wife's job and dice rolling with weather is what drove our decision. Although I'd confidently ride ANYWHERE with granda080 and Oldschool. Good guys and very trustworthy, helpful, experienced riders, and just fun fellas to hang with. Thanks again you two. Definitely took the guesswork out of our inaugural Gap visit.

Thinking about going down Labor day weekend. Who's in? :D

How I wish. Not sure the wife could pull off another get away from work. We have already discussed picking up a few cheap acres to throw a small cabin on for multiple inexpensive visits each year though :D

How I wish. Not sure the wife could pull off another get away from work. We have already discussed picking up a few cheap acres to throw a small cabin on for multiple inexpensive visits each year though :D

Just emailed Iron Horse about available beds labor day weekend and they said they only have 4 beds in the bunk house available. I need to decide soon. Would like to get a small group but I know some folk already have holidays planned out. Edited by 2talltim

Just emailed Iron Horse about available beds labor day weekend and they said they only have 4 beds in the bunk house available. I need to decide soon. Would like to get a small group but I know some folk already have holidays planned out.

The bunkhouses are ok but they're not bathroom equipped, so middle of the night shits would incur a walk to the lodge where the community baths are. Also, the bunkhouses are rented on a per bed basis, so if all the beds aren't taken you dont know who else you're bunking with. Less security for your gear/personables. We rented a shared cabin, where 2 bedrooms of up to 4 people share a personal bath and each room has it's own key, which is more private and secure. Just sayin, if you can get 3 or 4 guys to commit, it's fairly priced. The 4 of us stayed 3 nights for a total of $585, so it was less than $50 a night for each of us