Hey!! Anyone else Lima/Findlay Area?

Samcw

Hey guys! Just made my account on here, SUPER excited to start riding as soon as possible.

Have plans to get started with my license on Thursday, maybe even pick up a bike that night ^__^

I live in Ada, in my senior year at ONU, is anyone in the vicinity?

Not the best roads for riding out here compared to places I've previously lived, but I saw some fun turns on the way to Indian lake.

Does anyone from this area ride in groups? Or anyone around that can give me advice on where to get a tire changed / oil filter replaced / new helmet?

Looking forward to meeting some new riders! 

-Sam

Edited by Samcw

Welcome. I'm an hour south of you. Not a lot of members hailing from the NW Ohio area, so apparently the riding sucks up there? :dunno:

My wife and I try to host a meet and greet in Dayton every year, but that's probably a good 2 hr hike for you. If I could plot a decent ride route to Lima, I'd like to try Beer Barrel Pizza - heard good things about it

• Upvote 1

Originally from the Lima area (Bath Township), so Ada and the surroundings were my youth stomping grounds.

Good roads are hard to come by, but here are a few to keep you amused...

SR 12 from Columbus Grove to Findley. Hit 37 in Findley and head south to SR81 take it east to Upper Sandusky and hit 61 South all the way Indian Lake. At 117 go west and hit 235 to bring you back to Ada.

The Belfountian area has some decent roads too.

Old Wapak road from Rimer to Wapak is also ok.

None of them compare to SE Ohio, but will get you by when you need a quick fix.

Beer Barrel pizza is good, but Westgate lanes is better!

Sam,  I'm not in your vicinity, but my bud is a cop there in Ada.  He is an avid rider and is sponsored by SportBikeTrackGear (sportbiketrackgear.com).  He can help you with the new helmet, for sure.

Wow really? The police in Ada are amazing! The only police force I have ever really palpably felt were part of the community instead of there to harass and shakedown the community.

I have lived in a lot of places with bad cops : \ but Ada PD are really nice.

Originally from the Lima area (Bath Township), so Ada and the surroundings were my youth stomping grounds.

Good roads are hard to come by, but here are a few to keep you amused...

SR 12 from Columbus Grove to Findley. Hit 37 in Findley and head south to SR81 take it east to Upper Sandusky and hit 61 South all the way Indian Lake. At 117 go west and hit 235 to bring you back to Ada.

The Belfountian area has some decent roads too.

Old Wapak road from Rimer to Wapak is also ok.

None of them compare to SE Ohio, but will get you by when you need a quick fix.

Beer Barrel pizza is good, but Westgate lanes is better!

niiiiice man.

thanks for all the welcomes, this seems like an awesome community.

I'm heading out to pick up my bike tomorrow in Mid Point OH, gonna be droppin $5600 for this CBR 600 RR. It's a little expensive to spend on 2008 but I really want a CBR, it's close by (ish), and the thing is so mint, only 3800 miles, new tires, can't wait to ride :)

http://limaohio.craigslist.org/mcy/5050767355.html

Welcome, good luck on the endorsement, and congratulations on the new to you 600RR...I am not very far from you, but I am old and fat, so I would probably bore you with my style of riding.

Welcome, good luck on the endorsement, and congratulations on the new to you 600RR...I am not very far from you, but I am old and fat, so I would probably bore you with my style of riding.

Slow...lol
  • Upvote 1

Just picked her up boys.

some obligatory pics.

08 CBR 600 RR

Her odometer just rolled over 4k on the way home ; )

she's lookin' as immaculate as Emma Watson's face right now

post-18141-0-88484300-1435275434_thumb.j

post-18141-0-74462200-1435275484_thumb.j

post-18141-0-89562700-1435275563_thumb.j

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...