Tire wear....

RHill

20150622_172416.jpg

Ewww...

Front, only on one side(right), at Mid-O, Pirelli running 33 on the warmers, checked probably 4 times throughout the day.  Never had anything like this with the Dunlops.  

Think there is a rebound issue because there is a slight buildup of tread on the leading edge of the siping and the trailing edge is clean.  Hot tear?  Geometry?

Also, the pirelli front is shorter than the dunlop which would put more weight on the front.

I normally run 31/23

Unless I mix them of course.. which I have done twice already this year. 

23 in the rear is really low, pirelli recommends 25-27. Not saying it can't work but I have never seen anyone go that low.

I was wrong, the front is the same size, the rear dunlop is only 1.5mm diameter taller. This should be a non issue. Pirelli recommends anything from 30-35 in the front off the warmers. I would guess something with the suspension is causing it.

I have always ran around 27, anything lower never seams to work for me. If it works go for it but my tires always look like shit if I go lower than 25.

That's good ol midohio. But I would check taking a touch of preload out.  I ran my suspension with a few turns of preload out of front/rear to clean up the tire. My notes are buried somewhere.  I actually ran down aroudn 21psi on my pirelli rears there back in the day... so. much. grip. 

Have to try varying the pressure and maybe a little with the rebound as well...have a feeling it will clear up when I go to another track, just prefer to diagnose it and make corrections for next time..  

At first I was thinking it was geometry with too much weight on the front, but with the sizes being so close to the dunlops and not seeing the issue in the past when the front was 12mm lower....kind of rules that out.  Plus watching: 

The geometry tear seems more constant circumference, where mine looks like the rubber is running out like a hot tear. 

Either way the grip was great.  Tightening up for the second apex in the carousel and keyhole...100% confident the tires would get me there.  One time trail braking into T11 that the front seemed to chatter slightly, but that was immediately after installing the Pirelli's.  I didn't have the confidence in them under straight line hard braking, but was slowly picking it up.  

I fought with the same problem with both Pirelli and Bridgestone fronts at MO.  No problems at any other tracks with either of them, but at MO, anything quicker than low :40's would chew them up. I tried about everything I could think of as it was getting way too expensive replacing them all the time.  Dave Grey suggested trying stiffer front springs.  That ended up being the fix for my bike.  Going by sag numbers, the springs I have in there are too stiff for my weight, but they work.

Not saying that's definitly your problem, but if you rule everything else out, it might be worth a shot.

I fought with the same problem with both Pirelli and Bridgestone fronts at MO.  No problems at any other tracks with either of them, but at MO, anything quicker than low :40's would chew them up. I tried about everything I could think of as it was getting way too expensive replacing them all the time.  Dave Grey suggested trying stiffer front springs.  That ended up being the fix for my bike.  Going by sag numbers, the springs I have in there are too stiff for my weight, but they work.

Not saying that's definitly your problem, but if you rule everything else out, it might be worth a shot.

I always did the opposite before... Usually it's too stiff and causing the tire to work harder and tear.  That's why I always pulled out preload to sit deeper in the stroke.  Cleaned up the tire, and stuck like GLUE.