Eastern Mini Nationals at PIRC 6/13 & 6/13

redkow97

I know it's sort of late notice, but OMRL is running at PIRC this weekend, June 13 & 14.

If you've never been on the kart track, it's very nice, and has some fun elevation changes.

Saturday is an UNOFFICIAL practice day that the track is running.  We will be sharing the track with rental karts, but there should be enough bikes for us to get 30-40 minutes per hour.  Cost is $50 (or at least it was last year) and starts at noon.     We'll stop when they make us (6:00 or 7:00), so there should be PLENTY of riding time available.

Rental bikes are available for $50 + $25 crash deposit.  Don't crash and your $25 is refunded.  inquire at ohiominiroadracingleague@gmail.com

Racing on Sunday is $65 for the first class and $15 for subsequent.  We'll run qualifying in the morning to determine afternoon grids.  It is only 1 heat per class due to the time qualifying takes, but it's a longer track than CRP, so 10 laps is more track time (my best at CRP is :56.x, my best at PIRC last year was 1:15.x)

Even if you don't ride, it is a great spectator facility, and they'll have exotic cars on the North track through 'extreme experience' or something.   I wouldn't spend $300 on a few paced laps, but it is pretty badass to hear a McLaren and a Lambo ripping down the front straight without very little other engine noise to distort its song.

stop by my blue "www.OnlinePaddock.com" canopy and say hi.  We should have plenty of shade, water, and probably beers after we're doing riding for the day.

OK so someone explain to me the AMA license for this race?

Last I heard, that was not happening.  

Kent was trying to make it an AMA sanctioned event, but I believe that never came to fruition. 

No AMA funny business.  Come one come all.  Have a great time.  Ride a great track.  
I'm gonna continue to run 4 classes to wear myself out.

I wish we raced there twice a year.

We are always open to a scooter class as well.  Bring a scooter and at least a couple of friends and we can make it happen.

We should be arriving Saturday just before Noon.  

Biggie

Wish I could, but someone convinced me to run WERA @ PIRC here in a couple weeks...need to save some money.

I totally understand saving money for the WERA round, but said costs are why I sold my 600 and why I'm so into the mini racing the last few years.

PIRC is the most expensive round on the OMRL calendar, and without ever considering tire, gas, and 'crashability' costs, WERA costs $200 more to register.

I do miss racing the full-sized bikes, but for me it was a question of "do I want to race my 600 twice a year or do I want to race a 100 nine times a year for the same amount of money?" 

You should come do the practice day and rent a bike.   Total cost (if you don't crash) would be $100 for the day (including rental bike)

Weather be damned! 

We rode all day Saturday and didn't get rain until we were out for dinner.  Sunday races were all dry starts.   There were a few sprinkles at lunch, but the track was dry again before the second set of heat races - that's right, I said second heat :)

TONS of track time this weekend.  I turned at least 100 laps.

And I spent the weekend using my new rv and consuming many grilled animals and beer.

you could have done that at PIRC!

But for real, I was disappointed to see so many people missing.   A lot had pretty legitimate excuses, but it was great riding conditions.   With the smaller grids, practice wasn't the least bit chaotic.  The ambulance never rolled. 

I ran out of gas right before taking the white flag in XR race one, and finished a lap down.  My XR race 2 video has some good passing footage as a result :p

For a whole lot more money.

We have to drop a round anyway, I choose the most expensive, they need to nix the drop a round rule then there's incentive to make every round.

you're that concerned with the points race?

No, more so the cost. Prob about same reasons you guys sat out G&J. Pirc is silly expensive for what is, as you see half the club skipped that round. You get really defensive about this round for some reason. But yes points play into it too, why spend hundreds of dollars when it won't count anyway? Simple economics.

The costs aren't that much different.  2 classes at CRP is $65 (race fees + gate/insurance + transponder).   2 classes at PIRC was $100 even.  PIRC is waaaaaaaaaaay more than $35 nicer than CRP.  

I'm not "defensive" about PIRC, I'm disappointed that the club probably took a $2,000 hit because not enough people showed up.  

I 'skipped' G&J because my wife was out of town for work from Thursday through Monday, and I didn't have a babysitter for two days.

The novice grids only had a handful of riders this weekend, Todd.  You could have crashed on lap 2 and taken fifth place...  But that's assuming you're only racing for the points.  Aren't you having fun out there?  Skipping an awesome track just because you assume you're not fast there sounds like you're taking it too seriously.

You left out the 50 and gate and ins for Sat. Gas, tolls, camping, food. It's considerably more expensive. I had 400 into the weekend last year, Adam had 500 into it. You down play a lot of costs or Anderson is covering more than you know. Points don't matter, we have to drop a round and I can make every round so I choose that round. Never said a word about fast enough lol don't know where you got that from. Look at times, I likely would've won lol. Also I don't consider that an awesome track, I like G&J way better. As do most the others that skipped that round several of us talked about that at the last round. Couple that with the bullshit that went unaddressed last year many of us had no urge to go back and that was no secret. Sorry you seem so upset that the club lost money on that round but you and those in charge of the club are blind if you didn't see it coming we've talked about it numerous times. Am I having fun yes, is pirc weekend $400 fun, absolutely not. Especially with the uncertainty of last years jackasses showing up again. So I chose a $120 three day weekend with the family and camper on the lake. Economics, plain and simple. You love pirc, cool. As you can see many others don't, not sure why you can't understand that. We didn't hide it. Adam and I said from day one we weren't coming, all the Junkies with exception of Terry said they weren't coming. Justin and Tyler have never came etc. The other rounds cost 50-75% less and we have to drop a round anyway, drop a $75 round or a $400 round is a no brainier man. You are taking it to seriously not me ;)

Edited by MidgetTodd

If i didn't buy a new rig i would have definitely attended, I like that track a lot! It is a little pricey but the facilities are top notch in my opinion and the track its self is awesome!

Not saying it's not nice, just as you said pricey. Not sure how Chris says it not much more and calls it $100. You know first hand what we spent. He looks at nothing but the race entry fees and forgets all the other costs. I like G&J better and it's less money. But either way done trying to help him understand. Unsubscribed lol. See at next round

Most didn't pay on Saturday for practice. Facilities were great. Showers big and clean. Other cool cars to see. No camping fees since they were covered by OMRL. Ran double races not qualifying/race. We had our own corner workers. Seems like a lot of the problems listed for last years event didn't happen this year. Also as stated rain was a non factor during hot track time. Overall awesome experience. You can save some money on travel by getting an EZPass. I have mine through WV.

As far as dropping rounds, I'm too competitive to voluntarily give up a round. I'm saving that for a bad weekend or a weekend I had to miss.

But I like the track. Hell I like all the tracks. Devon and I battled hard for 4 races (stock XR and F3). Battled for second as Gavin is currently unbeatable on a stock XR. I also had great fun on the 150R, which is a serious kart track weapon.

My only complaint was the 10 min sessions for practice between rental karts and bikes. Plus a few sessions for someone on a personal kart.

I hope more of you OR folk will give mini racing a try. You might really like it.

Biggie

Edited by turnone

i didn't count Saturday practice because we don't normally do a full day of practice at CRP on Saturday before a Sunday race. The $50 Saturday practice isn't required and there was plenty of track time on Sunday.

I know some people didn't pay, and honestly I think that's shitty. If the staff noticed, I'm sure they'll hold it against us in the future. That said, the employees may have pocketed my $50. I didn't get a receipt or anything... Still, I'd rather have them be the ones stealing than me.