Comfort vs Sport...I've been trying to decide for 20 years :)

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having more

than one motorcycle.  :D

For those with the means, you get one with all the

comfort you want, and another with all the sport you

want.  My bet is that the one with the comfort will get

ridden more as you age.

Edited by JackFlash

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having more

than one motorcycle.  :D

For those with the means, you get one with all the

comfort you want, and another with all the sport you

want.  My bet is that the one with the comfort will get

ridden more as you age.

I've owned 4 at once, multiple times.  Others on here have had larger stables.

My usual rides are 400+ miles.  The faster I can ride the route, the sooner I can get home :)

I live in TN. It's great down here.

And then the fuck you's started flying in.

• Upvote 1

don't know about knee rubbing but my pipe's got rub marks on my sport tourer? I will ask why in motorcycle  safety course next wk

post-11869-0-03612500-1434167012_thumb.j

Edited by marlboro man

And then the fuck you's started flying in.

I literally started laughing out loud.

Anyone else fighting the urge to ride back down to TN this weekend?

I'm actually looking at going back down here soon. If I can swing it with work and the Ol' Lady, I might get a round 2 down there. Edited by Blitz

Am just entering the BRP. Weathers great. Call in sick

Random trip vids-

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hAux0RRkYM0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fThKQ8sbpyM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BtPSXPelbkM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hell Jim, had I known you had a GoPro I'd have asked you to follow me for a little while. I have more than enough footage tailing you!  Hahaha

Jim, thanks for uploading video. I get the distinct impression you could have blown by me at anytime. I did hold back to keep group together in straights though. In the corners I had fun bit didn't go crazy. Next time pass me I know its not the safest but I love to play around a bit. Maybe,,,maybe I could have kept up for a few corners. Tony still surprised me how well he could throw around the Vfr, especially with arm not 100%. Had great time guys.

Marlboro man great lean. Get your ass up off the seat. You easily could have dragged a knee with that angle and gained a few mph. Nice pic.

Jim, thanks for uploading video. I get the distinct impression you could have blown by me at anytime. I did hold back to keep group together in straights though. In the corners I had fun bit didn't go crazy. Next time pass me I know its not the safest but I love to play around a bit. Maybe,,,maybe I could have kept up for a few corners. Tony still surprised me how well he could throw around the Vfr, especially with arm not 100%. Had great time guys.

It was a fun ride Brian. I was perfectly fine with your "sport touring" pace, lol.

don't know about knee rubbing but my pipe's got rub marks on my sport tourer? I will ask why in motorcycle  safety course next wk

Body position.

Your body is leaning to the left, in relation to where your waist is.

You're using your lower body to lean the bike.

Leaning your body more allows you to lean the bike less.

Look at this link:

http://www.ofirmx.com/blog/2013-04-10/motorcycle-cornering-survival-reactions-and-proper-body-positioning/21

Compare the "correct" and "incorrect" body angles, about halfway down the page.

Notice how yours is exactly like the incorrect pictures.

It's a very common mistake of new riders. 

• Upvote 2

You were riding a smart, quick pace.  Especially considering the law enforcement in the area and the fact that we needed to ride our bikes home ;)

You were riding a smart, quick pace.  Especially considering the law enforcement in the area and the fact that we needed to ride our bikes home ;)

Agreed. There were times I thought "I'm surprised these guys aren't riding faster than this." They were few and far between, but the thought occurred.....immediately followed by "good thing they're not. Too many cops and too far from home."

I thought the pace for both days was pretty near perfect.

The pace worked out for me too, since I was able to give you guys a 5 minute rest at each turn-off point.

I'm so considerate!

I think that you will be doing enough self-flagellation this coming weekend to make atonement for all of our collective shame. Good luck on the peddling.

forgot about that... yeah, good luck Paul.

have... fun?

Rectifier replaced. Still blowing ignition fuses when turning on the power. I haven't pulled the stator case yet to see what that's looking like due to lack of time. Electronic gremlins suck.

Well Mike, I guess it's a good thing you didn't waste your time with hunting down a new battery on Saturday, and instead stayed back at the cabin and drank beer.

Looks like that was proper planning and execution.

Rectifier replaced. Still blowing ignition fuses when turning on the power. I haven't pulled the stator case yet to see what that's looking like due to lack of time. Electronic gremlins suck.

Have you tried to meter the wires on the stator to look for a short?

I haven't yet. Just plugged the new rectifier in with no change in issues. Something is melted somewhere. Stator next then the ecu.

Hope it's the stator.