The "OHIO" guys are the group I went with last year. I ride with them fairly often. They can ride, but a lot of their focus is getting their knees down and getting low. To each, their own. I prefer to put 300 fast miles in. Just my style. Probably why I'm considering a sporty touring bike.

Edited by Blitz

True, but I believe her and Deanna both dropped their bikes that weekend as well. At least I know Deanna did.

Sara didn't. She posted that as a joke. I know two of them them did go down though.

The "OHIO" guys are the group I went with last year. I ride with them fairly often. They can ride, but a lot of their focus is getting their knees down and getting low. To each, their own. I prefer to put 300 fast miles in. Just my style. Probably why I'm considering a sporty touring bike.

Riding with the old(er) guys is warping your perspective.

Time to buy a zx14 :lol:

• Upvote 1

Yeah, the Concourse is nice and all, to be sure. But I'd like something more sport than touring. Maybe even just a more comfortable sport bike.

I'm looking at an Aprilia on Saturday. I probably shouldn't. But it's sooo clean in the pictures. And those V-twins sound damn sexy.

Edited by Blitz

Jerry just acquired that Vstrom. He may be looking to sell his Superhawk. It's cherry.

Plus one on that, it still looks show room clean, that guy takes care of his stuff. All polythene cover on tank even to put a tank bag on.

Yeah, the Concourse is nice and all, to be sure. But I'd like something more sport than touring. Maybe even just a more comfortable sport bike.

I'm looking at an Aprilia on Saturday. I probably shouldn't. But it's sooo clean in the pictures. And those V-twins sound damn sexy.

I've got a ninja 1000 that needs a good home...they make an outstanding more than sport touring bike.
  • Upvote 1

I've got a Ninja 1000 that I'm not getting rid of anytime soon. I recommend. I suppose helibars on a sportbike would be good if I didn't have longish legs. I've ridden the cbr1000rr up to 650 miles in a day & it's not the bars that get to me, it's the pegs. Although the ninja is slower than the cbr, it's not slow by any means.

This is the decision I have to make every time I I buy a bike:

Do I buy a bike with high level sporting capability and modify it to be comfortable, or

Do I buy a more comfortable bike and modify it to have more sporting capability?

Bikes like the Ninja1000 & VFR1200 seem to have the best balance out of the box.  I personally can't corner as quickly on my VFR as on the CBR, but it's pretty close.

Helibars and drop pegs make a difference on a super sport.  But a SS is never going to have the same wind protection or stability as an ST, which make long rides less fatiguing.

Comfort vs Sport...I've been trying to decide for 20 years :)

Comfort vs Sport...I've been trying to decide for 20 years :)

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having more

than one motorcycle.  :D

For those with the means, you get one with all the

comfort you want, and another with all the sport you

want.  My bet is that the one with the comfort will get

ridden more as you age.

Edited by JackFlash

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having more

than one motorcycle.  :D

For those with the means, you get one with all the

comfort you want, and another with all the sport you

want.  My bet is that the one with the comfort will get

ridden more as you age.

I've owned 4 at once, multiple times.  Others on here have had larger stables.

My usual rides are 400+ miles.  The faster I can ride the route, the sooner I can get home :)