Windows 10? Thoughts?

chevysoldier

23 hours ago, blue03636 said:

23 hours ago, motocat12 said:

Are you hitting f8 rapid fire or holding it down? Try holding it down if not. Unplug anything extra external just in case also.

thanks for the tips, have tried to do it both ways but still no work. I figured out the nuclear option but my wife started freaking out she was going to lose 10 years of photos and other shit. I don't trust my external hard drive backup process to have worked so I have no way of telling whether it's on there or not. I might throw in the towel and get my buddy to come over and look because I am at my wits end with this thing

So I found a way to boot from a DVD I burned the operating software fix thing on and when I try to do a system restore this is what I get

how the hell do I specify when I can't do anything but get to this menu

IMG_2944.JPG

Lock screen (which I previously disabled) shows 1 unread email under signed in account that hotmail site doesn't show. Settings for all app notifications are already turned off.  ...One of these days I'm going to swap over to the non MS user that I couldn't use during tech preview. 

found the setting under lock screen settings. Still what if you did want notifications and it didn't work?

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/11/2016 at 6:24 AM, Bad324 said:

Ok someone tell me what the hell this is and how I fix it. My desktop won't do shit and it's my Plex machine. 

IMG_2912.JPG

That doesn't look like any windows error message I ever saw. I'd be thinking its malware trying to trick you into snapping QSO code with your phone for more info and then infecting your phone too.

3 hours ago, XV1000 said:

That doesn't look like any windows error message I ever saw. I'd be thinking its malware trying to trick you into snapping QSO code with your phone for more info and then infecting your phone too.

Nah after much research it is indeed a Windows 10 issue. Just need to find the time to have my buddy see if he can recover all my wife's files she doesn't want to lose. I was just going to nuke it but she freaked so currently it's still sitting bricked