Need Advice.. First time on a big bagger

MarkB

• 4 weeks later...

body position helps a lot for cornering.  i think i only scraped the floor boards 2 times through the dragon.  and i was keeping a pretty good pace.  enough so that i had quite a few bikes (Harleys, Sport touring bikes, adventure bikes) moving out of the way for me

786D9E8C-AA34-4183-AEAB-B07630FBE706_zps

they are not sport bikes by any means, but if you get used to how they react, then they corner pretty well.  get your braking done before the corner, set the bike in and maintain the throttle to exit, and the bike is super stable.  any upset in the chassis and it will wallow in the corner.  thats just how these big pigs ride.  but this is all advice for moderate pace riding =-)

you definitely don't feel the weight while your riding, even slow speeds its not terrible for a 900lb bike.  but moving it around the garage or backing it up kinda sucks.  but they have a low seat height so that helps.  if you don't go into it hating Harleys you might actually enjoy the bike lol