Mesh Jacket Recommendation?

Wojo72

http://www.tourmaster.com/inc/sdetail/flex_series_3/116/383

I got this one in black, from Iron Pony for around $200.  It has

reflective piping down the arms.  It's a mesh with a zip out

quilted liner to keep you warm, and a zip out rain liner.  The

jacket and both liners have interior pockets.  It also has hard

armor in case you go boom.

I have a Firstgear Adventure Mesh that's pretty nice, it's a 3/4 length. I kind of hate short jackets, but those are your thing the RevIt Air is damned nice. I had one and it breathes great and looks good, just prefer a longer fit.

Before we went to the Dragon this spring I bought my boy and I both Olympia mesh jackets. I am real picky about jackets and how they fit but the Olympia fit great. It was one of those jackets that the first time you put it on its like wow this thing fits perfect. Flows a ton of air and has a lot of armor. They have zip out liners that block the wind on cool mornings. My next gear upgrade is going to be mesh pants.

I like my old field sheer. About 5 years old now. Lots of good pockets. 6 zippered vents. Removable liner. Armor in the right spots. Only thing I've noticed is sun fading on the ends of the sleeves.

Edited by Gump

I've got a Joe Rocket mesh jacket that flows a lot of air, but i can't find the model. I think it's discontinued.

I am actually happily surprised with my new Vulcan leather jacket. I am no stranger to sweat, but this thing is practically made of vents and flows a LOT of air. I'm comfy up to about ninety in it so far.

It gets to a point where comfort and airflow equal no real protection and just ends up adding to shit I have to scrub out of your wounds. Not knocking mesh, I still wear one when I ride street. I wear Icon though. Yes I know it adds to the price and you're paying for the name to a point but Icons come with CE back, elbow, forearm and chest protection. I currently have the Merc 3

Had Merc and Merc 2, went down stupid hard in the Merc 2, it shredded as you would expect mesh to but the CE guards stayed on and did their job. I wear that with Icon riding pants over EVS knee pads and Astar boots when I'm on street. Walked away with no road rash, that's not going to happen with many mesh jackets.

Edited by MidgetTodd

It gets to a point where comfort and airflow equal no real protection and just ends up adding to shit I have to scrub out of your wounds. Not knocking mesh, I still wear one when I ride street. I wear Icon though. Yes I know it adds to the price and you're paying for the name to a point but Icons come with CE back, elbow, forearm and chest protection. I currently have the Merc 3

Had Merc and Merc 2, went down stupid hard in the Merc 2, it shredded as you would expect mesh to but the CE guards stayed on and did their job. I wear that with Icon riding pants over EVS knee pads and Astar boots when I'm on street. Walked away with no road rash, that's not going to happen with many mesh jackets.

Good point, some skimp pretty hard on protection. On that note, the Motoport Kevlar Mesh is the best stuff going, but it's pricey.

I found the RevIt to be a good compromise. Mesh where I needed it, fabric on the hard points, good CE armor.

I hate the Joe Rocket Phoenix I had, the shoulder and back armor is pathetic and moves around everywhere. I have an old Firstgear meshtex II that has been a great jacket, and I am sure they have improved much over the years.

I hate the Joe Rocket Phoenix I had, the shoulder and back armor is pathetic and moves around everywhere. I have an old Firstgear meshtex II that has been a great jacket, and I am sure they have improved much over the years.

Your just not fat enough..lol

Jackets are like helmets you need to find the manufacturer that fits your body style or shape. I fill out my phoenix nicley buy I can see how a slimmer guy would swim in it.

Jackets are like helmets you need to find the manufacturer that fits your body style or shape. I fill out my phoenix nicley buy I can see how a slimmer guy would swim in it.

Agreed. My two favorite brands of jacket/pants are Fieldsheer and Joe Rocket because they fit big dudes well

This point on fit is important. It's really hard to make a useful recommendation without knowing the wearer's body shape. I am a perfect example. I have two mesh jackets. I love my Alpinestars T-GP Pro Air. It fits perfectly (I'm 5-11, 175) and has solid textile in impact zones, but is still mostly mesh and moves a lot of air. It's the only Alpinestars street jacket I've had I'm really happy with.

I also have Firstgear Mesh Tex. It's cooler because it's all mesh. It's cut for a heftier person, however. So I have less confidence in it because of the all-mesh construction and the fact it is a bit loose on me.

Choose based on what fits you properly, is my advice.

It is not about the fit, it fits just fine. The subpar armor and where/how it is located is pure ass IMHO.