FS: 1999 BMW K1200LT comfy couch $3000

selling my personal tourer.

great bike, all stock. missing front fender (snapped off in cold, i dont know how)

80,000 glorious miles, she's still a pup.

bike is loaded

electronic cruise control

electronic ABS

AM/FM/Cassette/6 disc CD changer

power windshield

heated grips

heated seats (both)

reverse

center stand

all features, functions, reliability, and rideability of a goldwing, without the inflated price tag.

tires are around 30%

mechanically sound. clutch was done at 60k by cadre cycles. cadre cycles has serviced the bike since new (since they were an actual bmw dealer)

$3000 firm

has minor scratches on paint most of which are on the rear top case from my trailer's gate, but bike has never been dropped.

only picture i could find on my computer. this was a couple months ago.

comet%20bmw_zpsynp6iyvp.jpg

The bikes a tad over 800lbs when empty, but it disappears from underneath you once above 4-5mph. It's still a BMW as well, which means you can still roll it through some corners.

I would really prefer not to sell, but I have plenty of bikes and not enough money for my wedding.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Good deal...almost had the wife talked into it since at some point she wants me to get a Wing or similar so we can make some 2-up road trips. I live right down the street from Cadre Cycle too - maybe 2 miles. We just really don't have the room for a big bike right now. :( GLWS

14 hours ago, mello dude said:

It's purty..... What kind of maintenance does it need since your at 80k?

maintenance is up to date. cadre cycle serviced this bike since new (during the original owners stint). i purchased the bike from cadre w/78k miles, owned it for a couple of years and only ridden it 4000 miles. that's one of the reasons i'm giving it up.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone had the 2015 model of this bike at CRP last weekend.  Honestly, this looks almost as nice for a hell of a lot less coin.  The new models have a 8" LCD screen that you scroll through with a thumb-wheel on the left grip.  It's also got remote locks for the hard bags!  The power wind-screen may also be an update.  I was surprised it didn't raise and lower automatically based on speed - you have to move it on your own with a powered switch on the left grip.

at $3k, this would be a great way to see the USA.  I need to make that happen when my kid is old enough to ride on the back for hours on end.