apex cycles and salvage

tnugent1986

Awesome bike shop in springboro ohio. I currently had some work done there and was expecting a pretty hefty bill, but the work done was superb and ended up being way less than expected. They were really helpful in every way possible and even came up with solutions to save money and even did a couple little things for no charge that I was going to do myself. Also I was surprised they didn't do work requested that didn't need done that I thought needed done, which saved me even more money since most shops would have done the work or lied about doing the work if the part was still good. I would definitely go back to this shop for all my future work. I have been to 4 other shops and have been displeased with the service and prices I have been given, but I have finally found a regular shop. I have a feeling I will be back really soon since I have put down 900 miles since this past sunday and will do another 1500 plus between now and next wednessday.

• Upvote 1

Speaking of Schmidt auto group, bout to take my girlfriends car there soon. Hopefully they are equally awesome!

Anyhow, trip number 2 to apex was today due to my locking mechanism coming off my passenger seat. While i was there I had a question about my chain because I just had my rear tire replaced (not at apex unfortunately) and lou told me the tire was set too far forward and the tensioner were way loose (they weren't even finger tight) Lou hooked me up on the spot. He again far exceeded my expectations. I wouldn't hesitate to recomend apex cycle and salvage to anyone at all.

Really appreciate the kind words. We're a small shop that's trying hard to earn business, so a write up like this really means a lot to us.

Thank you for giving us a chance to earn your business.

• 3 weeks later...

My gf took her car there to get some work done and they really dropped the ball pretty hard on 2 out of 3 of the jobs done. She needed a new power steering belt, they did a fine job with that. Her blinkers were out, they were supposed to fix thar, but now her hazards and horn don't work either, nor do the blinkers. She had her breaks done there too, which is where they really dropped the ball in combination with her only means of safety against other drivers (horn/hazards) because they broke the bolt on the break line and didn't replace it, so her breaks went completely out (good thing she just got off the highway before it happened) due to the break line busting.

Hopefully these guys will have the car towed at their expense and right their wrongs for no charge at all, especially since they could have killed her and her kids. I took pictures of the brakes while the shop up the street from me had the tire off. They offered me a nicely discounted price to fix the work, but really recommended that i should have them fix their work if it was me, because if they are an an honest shop they will stand by their work and make it right.

Now, all of this sounds bad, but mistakes do happen and on the plus side the mechanic that looked at the brakes was impressed with the quality of parts and that pretty much everything was brand new, but he felt like the mechanic knew he broke the bolt to the break line and didn't feel like fixing it. Idk if that's the case or if he just got ahead of himself and overlooked it.

While it's there(if they right their wrong) I will have them check out the other side to make sure it's done properly. As long as these guys right their wrong and are respectful I would give them a second chance, although I would request to visually inspect the work myself once completed just because of this incident.

I also feel like they didn't test drive the vehicle after the work was done, which would have been nice because the blinkers went out immediately after my gf received her car and they fixed it again and then when she got 5min up the road they went out again. I would just request that they charge her for a new harness since im assuming thats what it needs and only pay the difference in pricing(or just replace it for free since she could have died/been seriously hurt) if they went out just a few minutes earlier while she was on the highway.

Anywho, I just hope they make everything right and I would give them a second chance due to I felt the pricing was good and they used quality parts. If they don't make it right I would never go there.

Lou and Erich at Schmidt Auto Care / Apex Cycle are my go to guys. All my tire changes on the bikes, oil changes on my cars. I've know these two for years and send all my friends there.

I'm very sorry for the misfortune, and we will absolutely make it right, 100% at no charge. There is no excuse for this, this should not have left the shop in the manor, and I'm embarrassed that I even have to be apologizing for this sort of situation. I will let Erich, the boss, know about this situation and make sure that it is corrected. This is the exact sort of situation that can hurt and/or destroy our reputation, and we would really love the opportunity to make things right.

Thank you for telling us about it, we will make this better.

• Upvote 1

Thank you aaron. The last mechanic she went to for her old car didn't fix any problems she had (her old car kept dying for no apparent reason) and they charged her boat loads of money for 3 seperated visits for the same exact problem that never got solved. That's the kind of shop I would never reccomend. Same with another shop that made 8 seperated marks on my bike rims and refused to fix it (I understand 1, but 8?)

I beleive that when someone corrects a mistake that shows integrity and that's exactly what I look for in a place that I do continued business with and recommend to others :-) we are only human, even the most experienced people aren't always on their A game 100% of the time. I'm just really glad that nothing bad happened to her and the kids. She was really upset and emotional over it, but I calmed her down and even told her they fix it that she shouldn't turn them down for a second chance since not all places fix their mistakes as she knows from personal experience.

I just talked to erich(the owner of Schmidt auto care) and he is going to make things right. He is going to have the car towed and have his lead technician fix the brakes at no cost and fix the lights. He also will be letting the technician go that did the work on the car (I personally don't like seeing anyone get fired and I think that is unfortunate, but I can understand that some jobs can't be taken lightly) I would definitely go back to this shop for future needs. I felt like the owner went out of his way to make things right which doesn't happen very often in my opinion. Just because one mechanic made a mistake (who won't be working anymore even...) doesn't mean it's not a good shop. The owner obviously cares about his business and quality of work which means alot to me. He was also very sincere and apologetic and eager to make things right.

Hate to see someone lose their job.....unless they botch a brake job this bad and almost cause people to die. Them they should go flip burgers or sell beer and smokes.

We really don't like to put an employee out like that, but we can't allow this sort of mistake to continue on. There is no excuse for this sort of behavior.

I'm very thankful that we're being offered the opportunity to right our wrong, and we will.

• Upvote 2

We just picked up the car and everything works fine. Signals/horn was due to an exposed wire causing a short. I just assume he taped it up, that's what I would have done. The brake line and bolt were replaced.

I'm glad the work was fixed without costing us any more money and in a timely manner with no hassle what so ever. Thank you erich! I would go back for future needs.