ComStar Rims

Staubig

I have a 79 cb750. I don't hate the ComStar rims, but I'd like to see what else is out there. How do I find the rim size, off of tire size? Also, any suggested replacement rims?

Looks like 79 has 35mm forks so it should be a direct swap on the front end, but I just rebuilt my forks and had the lowers powder coated black so idk about trading entire front ends. Just swapping wheels is tricky because the brake is different between sohc and dohc models. You can bring it over tho, and we can figure something out. I have access to a lathe and mill and I'm a damn good machinist

I want comstars. I have 2 spoked rears, a 17 and an 18 and a 19 spoked front. first number in thr tire size is the width, 2nd is the profile as a percentage of width and third is rim size.

How much maintenance are spoked rims? I come front the land of pedal biking where 20 spokes carry your weight.

I don't know what I'd replace them with yet, but I'd like to be able to look online. Not against spokes, depending on your answer to me first question.

Looks like 79 has 35mm forks so it should be a direct swap on the front end, but I just rebuilt my forks and had the lowers powder coated black so idk about trading entire front ends. Just swapping wheels is tricky because the brake is different between sohc and dohc models. You can bring it over tho, and we can figure something out. I have access to a lathe and mill and I'm a damn good machinist

Aye, got both at my place too! I just don't know how to use em. I figured my question wouldn't be as simple as "buy this size". My only other thing, and maybe I'll get over it eventually, but I don't want to do anything irreversible to this bike (like trade the factory rims away).

Dusty, why don't you just take a trip and check out CSC's Honda? You may like the rims enough to trade, but you will more than likely get an old school Honda clinic.

And I'm right down the street if you guys need another hand.

Dusty, why don't you just take a trip and check out CSC's Honda? You may like the rims enough to trade, but you will more than likely get an old school Honda clinic.

And I'm right down the street if you guys need another hand.

Thanks man ???? is CSC a guy one here, or a business?

I am csc. Crazy sk...you get the idea. Yeah rims wheels same thing. I'm looking to trade as well.about to head out on the bandit, text me at 3303389708 and let me know what you wanna do, I'll get you back when I stop somewhere.

Jesus, I went to public school. It's not my fault lol heading into work 12-9 so I'll be used up all day. I'll think on it and let you know if I'm down to take a look.

Good to know! Think I'm sticking with my rims for now, SkullCrusher. Can't bring myself to part with the original rims for spokes. I've been looking at all sorts of spoked wheels and just don't think its an aesthetic change I'm wanting to make *yet*