Kawasaki KZ1000

Staubig

fc809b52595f8879c404dff72ee431a3.jpg

b59ce9fff4280ea3ccc59a0740216b13.jpg

These were his racing leathers too. My dad never talks about any of this shit. I looked into getting these leathers remade. $1200. They're a two piece zipper suit. Unfortunately my dad weighed in at a whopping 135lbs, I'm no lardass, but at 21 I've got 40lbs on him at the same age.

Damn, sounds like an awesome bike. Pretty much what I want to do to a bike. I've got a lot to learn, good thing I've got Skullcrusher to inform my dumbass lol

Fully respect and appreciate you giving it to your grandson. My dad sold his Kz1000, I kid you not, the day before I turned 16. I understand his choices, and I know it was for "my own good". I just would have loved to keep that bike in the family. It definitely hurt to see it go. Especially because I followed up and the kid just flipped it for cash. I would have had, and loved, that bike forever...

When my dad sold his 836 cb he refused to sell it to my older brother or me....so I built my own but bored it to 849 cc....it's not my fastest bike but it is a kick in the teeth.

had me a kz900 flipped some other bikes one thing that will almost kill you is after you take a ride on light sport bike and jump on a old school bike to test it out  its like a Oshit in a stop or a twisty but some day I do want to do some crazy stuff to a old kz motor

I've been tossing around the idea of selling my 82 KZ1000 csr. I'm not entirely sure at this point, though. I only ride it a couple times a year. Some of seals on the motor need replaced; they're seeping with a little oil. I keep saying I'll pull the motor and put new seals in. I'm a little intimidated by the project, so I haven't started, nor seem to have found the time. 

Keep me in mind this coming winter if you decide you want to sell it. And I hear you. My CB leaks what I consider to be too much. Always a puddle when I put the kickstand up. I'm having a hard time even tracing it though, and I agree. Its an intimidating and involved task for something as easily ignored as adding more oil every other week.