Front Tire resisting when in Neutral

Soulfoam

So I got my first bike, I got a Ninja 250, and of course I dumped it (only going like 5 mph). I broke off the turn signal (just the bracket, ordered a new one), luckily the turn signal is still fine and working, jsut the plastic bracket snapped. The windshield cracked a bit too but I super glued it and it seems to be holding just fine, but I may end up replacing it too at a later date when I'm better at riding, that way if I botch again I don't botch with new replacement stuff. I ordered the turn signal bracket and will just ride with the turn signals off until I'm ready for the road, so in the case I do botch again I don't snap off the turn signal(s) again. Luckily my fairing didn't crack or anything.

ANYWAYS, on to the main question.

I really don't know if this was happening when I bought the bike or if it's happening cause I went down, but now when I'm in neutral and I'm pushing the bike forward or backward with the wheel turned all the way to the left or the right, the front tire seems to be getting pressure from the brakes. The tire doesn't lock up fully, but has a lot of resistance. But if I have the tire facing straight, there is no resistance at all. I'm pretty positive this only happens in neutral but I can't be 100% sure because I only rode for like 2 minutes today then it started raining, and while I was riding I obviously didn't turn the wheel all the way to the right or left. I did ride it yesterday after I botched and all seemed fine, I only noticed the brake thing today when backing it out of the garage to ride for a bit, but like I said it started raining.

So TLDR; Front tire is resistining a lot when turned basically all the way to the right or left, but is perfectly fine when facing stragiht. (pretty positive only when in neutral).

Did I fuck up something way more than I thought? Did I mess up more than just the turn signal and windshield or is this an easy fix?

Edited by Soulfoam

It's a 2004, forgot to mention that.

I'm going to take a look tonight once I get some time (if I do get some time) and check everything everyone here recommended and post back with some results.

Thanks for all the responses by the way.

Edited by Soulfoam

Who do we have near Troy that can swing by and help the new guy out? It's brakes, he needs them to be right.......

Appreicate that, but it shouldn't be a problem, my neighbor and dad both are pretty knowledgeable when it comes to bikes, they just haven't looked at it yet, was just getting some feedback from everyone to let them know what you guys might think it is to see if it'll speed them up/give them an idea what to look at right away.

Get the front end up off the ground and see if the wheel spins with the bars turned in either direction. it's harder to push a bike with the bars at full lock than when they're centered. spinning it will tell you whether or not you actually have something dragging.

5 min from Troy and have a stand for the front. Just send a pm I am available after kid's softball games.

No need for a front stand, the bike has a center stand (unless it has been removed.) I'll be over that way tomorrow, and should be free in the early afternoon, as I head back home.  

If you have any other Ninja 250 questions, post up, PM me, or check out ninja250.org I've read through most of the technical info pages over the past 6 years, which are LOADED with LOTS of good information!