lettuce discuss rain water drainage

Gixxus Christ!

I live in massillon. Drive though some time and you'll see that the city clearly gives zero fucks about the street. I have to do a french drain anyway, don't have enough drop between where the grate has to go and where the pipe has to end for it to flow properly.

I live in massillon. Drive though some time and you'll see that the city clearly gives zero fucks about the street. I have to do a french drain anyway, don't have enough drop between where the grate has to go and where the pipe has to end for it to flow properly.

None.... Zero fucks given and it's just getting worse. Our idiot mayor is running for reelection, and another mayor from the past is back in the ring (he was terrible too).

No hope for our streets. Maybe we should just pull up every loose patch we can find and drop them off in KCP's driveway.

I hate when people think they can pour concrete, and this type of thing happens.  Really pisses me off when people think they know what they're doing.

Good luck with your drainage issue.

I hate when people think they can pour concrete, and this type of thing happens.  Really pisses me off when people think they know what they're doing.

Good luck with your drainage issue.

Interesting product I happened upon.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/NDS-8-in-x-10-ft-Prefabricated-French-Drain-with-Pipe-EZ-0802F/202259347

not to be a PIA, but I just bought 100' of perforated drain hose for $75, and a yard of gravel for $45, making a cost/ft  $0.80/ft.

That stuff is $5.00/ft......too bad the price/ft wasn't closer, because that is a great idea.

I have some of that white pipe with holes in it if you need it.

Would pump lifting the concrete work? That thing were they drill little holes and squirt gunk under to lift it for proper drainage.

Edited by Gump

Slab jacking is not an option as the patio is one piece and the slope is graded into it. The saw cuts don't go all the way thru and it will just be easier to take the water from the edge of the patio to a french drain.

This is where my french drain started:

10458590_10205290191069234_4726582689178

Down the side of the house:

11182162_10205290192589272_8656387632291

Through the back yard.  You can see where the first 100' of hose ends:

10404342_10205290193629298_7023806972061

down the back side of the pool:

10451690_10205290195629348_8796660460438

Edited by redbarron77

Ok so we started digging yesterday. I leveled a line above the proposed site and took measurements from it to the ground at beginning and end. End is 14" lower than beginning. 4" pip plus 2" of limestone, 2" of sand and 2" thick pavers means there is 4" of drop from the lowest spot on the pipe on the beginning side to the surface of the yard where it ends (right?) So should that be enough for it to flow well?

I just put my shorter level in the trench and made sure the bubble indicated it was down hill.  With the current volume of rainfall for the past month causing flood warnings every day, I have seen no issues with drainage from this (much smaller than yours) amount of drop, so you should be fine.