Is this a good deal?

Soulfoam

First off, I'm sorry if this is the wrong section to post in, I looked all over and couldn't find anything mroe suitable, and I'm more or less asking for a tip or not so I figured here would be the right section, I apologize if not!

I'm a new motorcycle rider, haven't even got a bike yet and was wondering if this is a decent deal or not: http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mcy/4908003982.html

I've rode dirt bikes and such in the past and I feel like I'd comfortable with a 500cc, but I think anything higher I wouldn't want to mess with until I get more experience. 

I was just wondering if that bike is a decent deal (If I can snag it for $1600)? Thanks!

good bike, but not a great price IMHO.

I paid $1450 for my '97 back in 2005, and it had fewer miles than that one.

I like everything about the EX500, but if you showed me a showroom fresh model with 0 miles on it, I would still probably only pay $2200 for it...  There are just other bikes out there that are better for the money.

$1700 might be a realistic "hey it's May 1, and the weather is almost getting nice" price, but I think it's a few hundred inflated for the value of the bike itself.