Baltimore Riots

Casper

WTAM is reporting that charges are being filed "in connection with Freddie Gray's death."

Just based on what has been reported (acknowledging that it may not be accurate) I would presume dereliction of duty applies when a suspect requests medical attention and is refused it.  The more serious charges like (in)voluntary manslaughter and/or murder would obviously be harder to prove.

I don't know Maryland law, so the offenses may not have the same names they do in Ohio.  (Ohio does murder, aggravated murder, voluntary manslaughter, involuntary manslaughter, reckless homicide, etc.   Maryland may do the "degrees" system.  First degree murder, second degree murder, and so on.)

pretty significant charges being filed against the 6 officers involved.

The charges vary for each individual, but include several counts of manslaughter, second-degree assault, misconduct in office, and false imprisonment among others. The most serious charge she listed was second-degree depraved heart murder, which only one officer faces.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/freddie-grays-death-ruled-homicide-states-attorney/story?id=30728026

Isn't that a jewelry line from jareds? "sir, I don't think that guy can move his legs" "awwww, he went to jareds!"

....but yeah, if those officers were in the wrong, let them burn.

• Upvote 1

Isn't that a jewelry line from jareds? "sir, I don't think that guy can move his legs" "awwww, he went to jareds!"

....but yeah, if those officers were in the wrong, let them burn.

Don't disagree with that.  BUT, let's not use them just to make things "right" in the eyes of others if they were not in the wrong.  Hopefully people actually let the system play out for once and maybe stop ruining their own communities.... 

Depraved heart?

like I said, different states have different names for various laws.

What we might call "reckless homicide" they will label as "depraved heart murder."  In Ohio, reckless means having a heedless indifference to a known risk or likely consequence (or approximately that.  I didn't pull the precise language).  In Maryland,  would bet that acting with a "depraved heart" has a very similar definition.

I'm pretty sure any statements or testimony of the prisoner witness that was in the van with Gray, will be thrown out.

What the witness now says on video, I believe 100%.

Edited by Gump