Welcome home rumblebee

wikiwiki750

Hi all. I just picked up my new 2015 Yamaha FZ-09. I've put about 35 miles on it so far and it is by far the best motorcycle I have ever ridden. Torque, Comfort, Handling (after suspension fix) are all amazing. It feels like a dirt bike flickability wise. I'll post more, just wanted to get it out there if anyone was thinking about the bike. I'll be more than happy to answer questions the best I can. I posted a youtube video of my first ride. sorry for the wind. I don't have my gopro set up in the right case yet. 

I think it's humorous, my wife would say cute, when at 1:09 you cackle like an evil genius as you do your first run through the gears.

Congrats on the bike!

You know, don't you, that you're the reason that it's raining today - right?

Chris

What kind of work did you put into the suspension?

I just had them adjust the stock to my weight and then added 10 lb buffer for gear and stuff. I haven't had any complaints at all. I could def see buying an ohlins or maybe a penske if I lived in the twistys or if I tracked my bike. 

I think it's humorous, my wife would say cute, when at 1:09 you cackle like an evil genius as you do your first run through the gears.

Congrats on the bike!

You know, don't you, that you're the reason that it's raining today - right?

Chris

Haha I didn't even notice. Honestly it is the most fun I've ever had on a bike. 

I'm sort of digging on the FJR09, or whatever it's called. Nice bike.

Yours, too. :)

Agree Pauly....probably will be my next Motorcycle.

I compared the 2 bikes and If I did more touring the FJ would be hands down my top choice. The motor in these bikes is unreal. I've never experienced low end torque like this besides my CR480. When in "A" mode, it is impossible to keep the front end down. 

How was Joe's? I haven't been in there for a long time.

Great service. I went to Competition Accessories and they treated me terribly. I've never been treated that bad in my entire life. I have bought dirt bikes, 4 wheelers, all my gear from them. etc. and I tried to negotiate prices with them and they brought out the "manager" and he began to tell me how I must not have any common sense and that it's okay because this was probably my "first big purchase" so then I gave Joey a call and he treated me very well and got me out the door cheaper than I tried to negotiate with Competition Accessories.  

FZ09 can handle touring duty.d96e68855bc77add85c3ab7f9de57ce0.jpg

That looks like a blast. How do you like your windscreen? I've been thinking about purchasing one. Does it make a difference?