NEO Epic Ride meetup - head down to EPIC RIDE MAY 2015

DerekClouser

Ok guys, we are getting close to the date.  TIme to get this rolling - 

Meet spot will be wheels up at 8:00am from Lodi @ 71/83, BP gas station.    

10134 Avon Lake Rd
Burbank, OH 44214

We will take 83S down to New Concord.  

Anyone who wants to meet up at in Millersburg or Coshocton is more than welcome to do so, just post so we know to look for you and we can swing through and grab you. 

Let me know who will be there at the Lodi meetup spot and also anyone wanting to meetup on our route down to New Concord. 

I'm new to this OR forums and biking ... so on a ride , we will be riding back as a group also ?

Normally unless some folks split off early. Which depending on the time I've done many times over the years and just head back myself at a point that makes sense

I'm new to this OR forums and biking ... so on a ride , we will be riding back as a group also ?

Some guys(gals) split off and go do their own thing and others ride back together.  If you want to do your own thing, you are more than welcome to, but if you want to ride back with a group, just ask em.  Specifically, myself, whaler, & wolfman1 will be at least riding back to Wooster together and I'm sure some others will jump in as well. You are welcome to tag along if you'd like. 

Some guys(gals) split off and go do their own thing and others ride back together. If you want to do your own thing, you are more than welcome to, but if you want to ride back with a group, just ask em. Specifically, myself, whaler, & wolfman1 will be at least riding back to Wooster together and I'm sure some others will jump in as well. You are welcome to tag along if you'd like.

lol I'm only 15 with my permit so I'll gladly ride back with you ! what day is this ??

lol I'm only 15 with my permit so I'll gladly ride back with you ! what day is this ??

:popcorn:

Not sure this is a good idea?

While I can't say for certainty on your riding ability, I can certainly speak from experience; I'm in agreement with whaler and saying that this ride may be a bit over your head and I'd recommend sticking to some smaller rides until you are an adequate rider.  

I'd be more than willing to meet up with you sometime and ride with ya locally and help you learn, I just don't think this ride is a great idea for you right now. 

Edit: Plus I'm not sure the liability on anyone of us  if something was too happen. 

Edited by DerekClouser

He's not legally allowed to ride the roads we do. Pretty sure state highways are off limits.

You are right.  Freeways, night riding and passengers are all off limits for someone without the full motorcycle endorsement.  Helmet is a requirement as well even for the first year of the endorsed rider.  Regular 2 lane state roads are okay to ride.

Kid...the skill is over your head. We're not being assholes were just looking out for your and our well being.

I've been riding for 6 years now and with the lack of this kind of riding for awhile it's gonna be over my head until I shake off the rust

I would have to agree with Bad324...I'd recommend holding off on this CBRcharles. Get some good experience in at your own pace rather than pushing yours if you are with us. There will be more than enough rides throughout the year, so no worries. Like the others I don't want to sound mean, but we've all been in your position at one time. 

Try starting out in some smaller couple person group rides and build up from there. Also focus on basic riding skills and as time goes on slowly increase riding level.

***Back on topic, I hope I can make it on this trip, work is kind of sketchy schedule wise.

I would suggest that anyone considering this ride (no matter what their age) should have passed the MSF course then hae 5,000 miles street riding experience.

Back to subject. I'll see you folks in Lodi.

I haven't posted yet because my plans for that weekend are fluid at the moment. Hope to know for sure soon. If so, what time would you be rolling thru Millersburg? I would meet up there.

Dave G.

• Upvote 1

I've been riding for 10 years, and these guys can still get me in over my head easily if I am not careful. More respect will come from making responsible decisions than trying to prove yourself. Trust me. It isn't just about the roads we ride either. It's about fatigue, and mentality as well, things new riders probably dont think about. Last year's epic ride, I pulled myself out of the medium fast group to save some of my energy for the long ride back. I suggest new riders stay away from this ride. Especially since the NEO guys can be pretty quick even when they think they arent being quick. Like Derek said, we will be MORE than happy to ride with you any other time so you can get your bearings. 

NinjaDoc said it pretty well to me a few years ago when I unknowingly joined a group of CORE riders late in the season a few years ago (You need at least 5k miles to begin to feel comfy riding at the Pace.). I'll admit I was way in over my head. Flash forward 2-3 years and countless miles in the twisties, I am beginning to feel more confident on the backroads at the PACE.

I would suggest that anyone considering this ride (no matter what their age) should have passed the MSF course then hae 5,000 miles street riding experience.

Back to subject. I'll see you folks in Lodi.

Those 5k miles dont mean poop if they are all highway miles lol.

• Upvote 1

Everyone has already talked about the pace and getting over your head, so I will mention something else. Another thing to keep in mind when group riding is the guy behind you is counting on you to pass along important info from the lead. There are important hand signals that only can be learned through practice and experience. Noticing when there is need to slow down or an obstruction in the road. All this info needs to be passed along to the rider behind you. This will come in time when you ride in a small group with experienced riders, that is how I learned.

• Upvote 2

I didn't think you guys were being asshole lol :-) I'm just really excited to ride . and you guys are probably all right so I won't do do the whole ride . but I've already ridden up from Wooster to Sandusky .. so do you think I'll be good to ride to the meetup In Lodi then stay In Wooster on the way back ?