Chinese company buying Pirelli

Casper

Just bought a set for the Camry, and they're really great tires.  Hope they allow manufacturing to continue as is because what I have seen coming from China, manufacturing wise, would lead me to buy another brand.

Coopers are USA made, right here in Ohio.  I had sets on all our vehicles so the Pirelli change is new for me but might end up going back to Coops.

Don't forget that Dunlop's are made in the US in New York. They are owned by Goodyear.

I'm upset about the news of Pirelli though. There are my favorite tires hands down. Best track tires. Although I love the Q3s for street tires.

I've used a lot of Coopers in my younger days. Used to be able to get a fleet discount for buying eight or something. Coopers are also used at local racetracks as a sponsored tire. Yes, wondering what fate Pirelli....

I just put LongTrails on the Frontier in September. I wish they weren't leaps and bounds better than the Wranglers that were on before, but they are.

I have the Michelin LTX MS on my Tahoe. They were on it when I bought it (not new) and I have put 60,000 miles on them myself (my guess is there are 70,000 plus on those tires)and I'll get the summer maybe more out of them. So with that kind of wear I'll slap another set on. Probably be the only and last set of tire I'll ever put on it, that thing will have 225,000 on it before I wear the next set out. Edited by 2talltim

• 2 weeks later...

I run Goodyear on my cars because I heard they had a factory in northern Ohio, but when I was checking the tire pressures the other week, I noticed it says right on the tire that they are made in Canada.  LOL

As for my VTX, I am running Avon Venom tires and love them.  I know it is hard to believe but they really make the VTX handle much much better.  It tips into turns so much easier than before.

As for "The Beast" (CBR), I am running Dunlop Q3's at the moment and loving them.  They were highly raved about and cheapest with the discounts & MiR's at the time.

I have been thinking of trying out the Avon sportbike equilavalent to the Dunlop Q3's for "The Beast" after it chews through the Q3's, but I might just stick with the Q3's.  Time will tell.

Q3's are awesome and a ridiculous deal with the rebate. The only downside is I only manage to get 15-2000 miles out of a set. I went through 5 or 6 sets last year. Avons are great. If their equivalent outlasts the dunlops and are a good price, I wouldn't be against giving them a try.