Illegal to wear earplugs while riding?

Wojo72

I guess that I didn't know this. Has anybody actually been cited for wearing plugs or ear buds?

All drivers younger than under 18 are banned from using cellphones while behind the wheel. And all drivers, regardless of age, are banned from texting. Also, it is illegal to drive a motor vehicle wearing earphones, headsets, or earplugs in both ears.

And always remember, just because you were cited doesn't make you guilty... 

In the event you are ever cited for this, go to court and fight it. I know it's a bit more of a hassle, but just explain why you wear earplugs while riding, maybe bring in some statistics that show the damage of wind noise on a motorcycle and any magistrate/judge would understand.

Just another example of  laws being passed by people without a clue.  I couldn't find anything on it now but I remember a few years back one of our enlightened lawmakers was proposing that seat belts be required on motorcycles.  Kudos to the cops though...  Every time I have been pulled over on a motorcycle I've been wearing earplugs & the LEO never mentioned it.

I must be one of the select few around here who rides without ear plugs.. Only time I have plugs is my headphones for music, and even that isn't often... Too much hassle, and then have one fall out half way or get messed up etc and have to pull over... I just throw my helmet on and go, and I can still hear just fine

Eh... the job of the magistrate is to apply the law. The law says no plugs. I highly doubt standing in front of him and explaining that you broke the law because it's bullshit would move him.

No. Judicial interprets the laws. Executive enforces. Police are executive.

You go to court and plead not guilty then present your case.

I must be one of the select few around here who rides without ear plugs.. Only time I have plugs is my headphones for music, and even that isn't often... Too much hassle, and then have one fall out half way or get messed up etc and have to pull over... I just throw my helmet on and go, and I can still hear just fine

I go without plugs for short rides with lots of stop and go. I wear them on long rides down the freeway. I feel better on long rides with them in. If you put them in correctly, they don't fall out.

No. Judicial interprets the laws. Executive enforces. Police are executive.

You go to court and plead not guilty then present your case.

Not going to split cunt hairs with you because you thrive on e-thuggery and pointless arguments. If you admit to a judge that you broke the law chances are you will be found guilty.

• Upvote 1

Not going to split cunt hairs with you because you thrive on e-thuggery and pointless arguments. If you admit to a judge that you broke the law chances are you will be found guilty.

And then if you are so concerned about it after being found guilty you appeal to a higher court. Then a higher court and then a higher court. If you make it to scoto or the scotus and found not guilty by either. The law is then declared unconstitutional.

I like to wear them on the freeway but usually forget to put them in. Good thing when I bought my Nolan o bought it for the fact that they are quieter than most lids.

Edited by 2talltim

Ok dude, you go ahead and spend tens of thousands of dollars on attorney fees and travel for your appeals.

Wanker.

I was just simply pointing out your flawed logic. First you said admitting to a magistrate was automatically guilty. Problem is in lower courts, you have a right to trial by jury. When you get a traffic ticket you take the 20 minutes out of your day. Go to traffic court and always plead not guilty.

Then you get a trial date.

If everyone who got a traffic ticket or minor misdoneamer would plead not guilty. It would clog our court systems up and guess what ? Eventually the horseshit indescriminate revenue gather YOU probably support stops... End of story.

And I never said admitting what you did dumb fuck.