2015 Deal's Gap trip (edit) the long way home

2talltim

Just a feeler to see if anyone else would be interested in either leaving a day early or coming home a day later to hit the entire lenth of BRP on thr way to the annual O.R. Deals Gap trip. Thinking of slabbing to or from Waynesboro VA and taking BRP all the way to Cherokee. Nothing set in stone yet and like I said it can be the trip down or back. Will be bypassing Skyline drive, too many cars and slow speed limits there, not to mention the @hole Rangers.

Edit: Will be doing this on the way home

Ok I have decided to make this a long way home trip. When i leave Fontana Sunday morning I will be taking the BRP to Boone, NC then hitting "The Snake" in TN and "The Back of the Dragon" in WV then jumping on I77 in Beckly WV and slabbin home. Might hit a couple other roads with time permitting. Only thing tat will change this is pure shit for weather. If you want to join me let me know.

Edited by 2talltim

I've already committed to the cannonball run down 75. It's 550 miles from my house. Shouldn't be terribly exciting, but it's managable for my time allowance.

Tpoppa may be interested, though.

What day you cannonballing down Pauly

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if I'll be able to do this now or if I'll even be able to make the DG trip. My mother had a massive stroke last week and life has been changed forever. I'll post back here if i still plan on trying this but for now it's best if i don't make new plans.

• 1 month later...

Back On:

Ok I have decided to make this a long way home trip. When i leave Fontana Sunday morning I will be taking the BRP to Boone, NC then hitting "The Snake" in TN and "The Back of the Dragon" in WV then jumping on I77 in Beckly WV and slabbin home. Might hit a couple other roads with time permitting. Only thing tat will change this is pure shit for weather. if you want to join me let me know.

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

The crew I'm rolling with will probably be down for this. Me, Tpoppa, jschaf and maybe another. I'm not too sure about our fourth guy's confidence or experience with long, hard days like the one you're proposing. So, he may/may not join us.. if he makes the trip. I think he's still undecided.

Regardless, I'm more than happy to tag along. Sounds fun. :)

It's most likely going to be a 2 day trip home, and enjoy the areas. Tonik told me about a few roads to hit down there. Like I said weather permitting.

Also I'm still more than likely going to join your slabbin crew for the trip down. Unless I decide to leave earlier in the morning.

Edited by 2talltim

It's most likely going to be a 2 day trip home, and enjoy the areas. Tonik told me about a few roads to hit down there. Like I said weather permitting.

Also I'm still more than likely going to join your slabbin crew for the trip down. Unless I decide to leave earlier in the morning.

What kind of pace will this be?

What kind of pace will this be?

My usual 5 or 10 over the posted limits, with an occasional more than spirited pick up. No Mach retard for me much anymore. Edited by 2talltim

• 3 weeks later...