Bikes in movies - get the damn sound right!

redkow97

I was at the Dodge store yesterday...Looking at used Hondas, of course. :)

The new Chrysler 200 has a 9-speed transmission.

Then by movie universe rules, a 200 should upshift at least 27 times

Really wish directors/editors would take the time to exact the true tones of what they're showing us on screen, be that guns or bikes or cars or whatever else they seemingly slap sound over. Who cares what the public can associate with when they hear a particular sound, they'll not remember a bike sounding odd or a car up shifting throughout an entire scene so much as those of us who know what we're looking at and NOT hearing at the same time. Attention to detail simply means something to a lot of us

Really wish directors/editors would take the time to exact the true tones of what they're showing us on screen, be that guns or bikes or cars or whatever else they seemingly slap sound over. Who cares what the public can associate with when they hear a particular sound, they'll not remember a bike sounding odd or a car up shifting throughout an entire scene so much as those of us who know what we're looking at and NOT hearing at the same time. Attention to detail simply means something to a lot of us

Nothing to do with the directors or editors. All the sound is added in post-production by sound engineers.

Nothing to do with the directors or editors. All the sound is added in post-production by sound engineers.

Movie audio is mixed/mastered without approval of the directors or editors or whoever else has a say as to what is finally produced? I find that hard to believe, but I guess it could be possible :dunno:

Either which way, some fuckers are failing behind the mixing board

I was at the Dodge store yesterday...Looking at used Hondas, of course. :)

The new Chrysler 200 has a 9-speed transmission.

at that point, I don't know why they wouldn't just do a CVT. 

My friend has a Dodge Dart.  It's a "neat" car.  I don't think I'd own one, but for $22k, it's got a lot of cool features.  He claims that he can get 44 mpg from it.  Fuelly says a lot less.   Minus the pug hair, his car is a nicer place to be than my corolla, but for 1/4 the money, I'm not displeased with the fact that I get very similar mileage.