Did AT&T stop throttling?

mango_sv

To be fair, 10.8GB isn't too bad. They offer rollover data plans and even up to 50GB of shared monthly, so it may be possible that you fall under the radar now.

That's what's odd. Every month, I hit the 5GB limit they set and pretty much all streaming went to crap. You could always tell as soon as it hit. This month, all the sudden it's fast again. Strikes me as odd that it happens the same time as Net Neutrality.

That's what's odd. Every month, I hit the 5GB limit they set and pretty much all streaming went to crap. You could always tell as soon as it hit. This month, all the sudden it's fast again. Strikes me as odd that it happens the same time as Net Neutrality.

Could be the wireless side doesn't want to be the next in line for new regulations.  It's a funny thing - when an industry acts like a bunch of douchebags, they're more likely to be given new regulations to follow.  Could be AT&T's wizening up to the dynamic.

Maybe it's because they are being sued for throttling.

I know they are being sued for it. Happened last Oct I believe. AT&T is now trying to say because of Net Neutrality the FTC can't sue because the FCC controls them.

http://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/244898/net-neutrality-rules-dont-protect-att-in-battle.html#

Maybe it's because they are being sued for throttling.

• 4 months later...