Netflix

conn-e-rot

So does the fire stick also require using PC or phone?

Only if a Network requires you to verify subscription. Like ESPN or History. But once you do it once that's it.

It's a stand alone unit, it streams directly from your wifi router.

Edited by 2talltim

It's a small android computer you plug into your tv. You need a cordless mouse/keyboard to operate it but it is really cool because you can run pretty much anything you can run from an Android phone or tablet on it. It connects to your wifi and streams on your tv, or you can connect it to an external drive with movies or music on it and play them.can also use it for gaming, web browsing, facebook, anything android does.

I'm very interested in sling tv service from dish

Use this to watch my Fox News at work on my PC or iPad. Or on long trips or at the gym on my iPhone. (Or any of my dish channels) Awesome:)

"I miss America"

Edited by idodishez

With that said, I am going to possibly get a Chromecast, but you have to run your PC to run the Chromecast, where as Roku is just that, you just use it solo style to run netflix. No double streaming from Wifi to laptop back to wifi, over to the Chromecast.

Only way I wouldnt get a Chromecast now is if I get a Smart tv which i may just do.

The Chrome cast needs hardware updating as well and there are less apps supported. Didn't really like the menues.And does not stream amazon prime video.

I love my Amazon Fire TV stick I have absolutely nothing bad to say about. I have owned and tried all 3 and took the other 2 back to the store.

Just got a Chromecast. Setup and ran it with my phone the last 2 weeks. Just finally downloaded the PC cast today. So no need for a PC to run it. And with the Chromecast app on my phone and tablet I can do screen mirroring, so Amazon Prime plays fine. So does everything else I can see on my phone or tablet screen.