Las Vegas’ First White Castle Closes After 24 Hours

Casper

I have a White Castle right down the street.  Every once in a while I get a craving and pick up a few.  Then I wonder WTF I was thinking and don't go back for months or even years.  Last time I went it struck me that they aren't cheap any more.  I got a combo and it was like $7.

After all the ones they closed north of Cbus in OH and MI, good news for sure.  Love this place about 4 times a year, the one on Hilliard Rome is 1 of 2 test stores.  If you havent been there, totally different, not sure I like it.  Too "upscale" you can order off big screen TVs, no menu or pricing published which I don't like.  TV's all over with news, sports, and offers, which I do like.

2 of those Coke machines that have like everything.  You can however sit at this awesome elevated bar and watch them cook everything.  Heck even the kitchen is UBER nice, like way nicer than any I have seen, which is a lot.  The food was super fresh and the workers were more friendly than any except the old ghetto one that was off S Hamilton Rd and Refugee which closed and moved South to Hamilton and Winchester pk.  But the super nice lady moved with it, and it was awesome.  Loved every trip there, minus how ghetto it was.

The one in Hilliard is super nice though and worth the trek if you really need WC's. 

White castle is mystery meat?  I thought it was beef and onion?

Never knew they had clams.

I always just get sliders w/cheese and crinkle fries.  I love the taste but my guts have a different opinion.  I think it's all the onion.

The locations around Dayton are poorly managed/dirty/poor service.  They seem to be closing down too.

Oh my gosh.  So much of this thread is true.  

We've still got a few sprinkled around here (Franklin, Hamilton, Sharonville).  

Gotta say the I get the crave about once a month, grab 3-4 cheeseburgers, and about an hour later wonder what I've done.  About five hours later the farts hit.   Worse than Taco Bell.  Okay, maybe not "worse", but pretty similar.

Had the chicken rings once.  Well, one ring.  It was like eating a salt pellet.  

First time I had them was 30 years ago when we moved to Dayton.  The one in Miamisburg by the Dayton Mall.  High school.  Drunk.  And I still remember being able to feel the burgers sitting in the bottom of my stomach.   White Castles and Strohs.  Mmmmmmm.  

And yet I'm sure to hit the drive thru and grab some within a week.  

I <3  WC. 

I swear the secret to enjoy eating Le Castel Blanc, is to have a milk shake or milk with the meal. Not a carbonated beverage.

Wait, I forgot that, there was NO Barq's Red Cream Soda at this WC in that Coke machine thing.  Like no option.  I was irate, like not kidding.

I always have Red Cream Soda with it, then get a shake to go, as I agree, the shake is legit there. 

The 2 day flight back from China, I made dad stop as soon as we left Cbus and hit the Delaware exit WC, I made them make a vanilla shake in the X Large soda cup, had uber amounts of white castles, fries, clams, I bet the bill was $20+ that trip just for me.  I ate it all before making Mansfield.   I hadn't planned on leaving my bedroom level in my parents house for a few days anyways, and that made it happen.  Slept for 27 straight hours something insane, and didn't leave the basement for anything.  Full bath, fridge, TV and wifi, so I was in heaven.  Man that was an awful flight back.

The chicken rings are good if you don't get the flavoring on them... That powdered shit is awful though, they use so much you don't even taste the chicken

No red cream soda at white castle? What the fucking fuck?

Edited by Steve Butters

Bunch of weak digestive systems in here ... I can eat these things until I pass out and never get the shits... Same with taco bell... I've evolved over yall lol

Thats NOT a good thing.  Does your abdomen glow when you're in a dark room?