TSA Motorcycle Admin Fee

just_some_dude

State they are talking about is Florida.

A guy goes to purchase a motorcycle stating that there was an admin fee. When he asked the breakdown of the admin fee $40 was to TSA check to see in on no fly list. Also stated if he payed more then $2500 in cash they would have to report to TSA.

Ah yes, Infowars. :crazy: 

They're just one step above the National Enquirer in entertainment value and news veracity.  Or did they accidentally get something accurate by mistake?  Alex Jones profits handsomely from tin foil conspiracy fear mongering, so I'm going to have to pass until someone reputable verifies the data.

Ah yes, Infowars. :crazy:

They're just one step above the National Enquirer in entertainment value and news veracity.  Or did they accidentally get something accurate by mistake?  Alex Jones profits handsomely from tin foil conspiracy fear mongering, so I'm going to have to pass until someone reputable verifies the data.

Yeah, I'm smelling some serious horse manure here...

In general, large amounts of cash spent anywhere has to be reported to the fed gov. I would think Homeland Security currently. Not TSA, wth. I go ahead and spend it anyway, what-they-gonna-do-send-me-to-Vietnam?

Florida has some strange rules/regs, but the only one for vehicles I can think of is the $500 bucks to transfer a vehicle title in from out of state. Apparently they think they have too many vehicles and not enough roads. I thought that was limited to Southern California.

edit: A thought, if renting a large van, I would suspect a requirement to check a TSA or HLS list, but not for a fee, duh.

Edited by ReconRat