Trying to plan a date for a Spring Open House/dyno day

IndMoto

I know there are about 500 events when Spring gets rolling. Help me decide on a good date for a Spring Open House event at Independent Motorsports. Will probably include a dyno day with it. Thinking sometime in the middle May to make sure it is warm. Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

Dyno will be free most likely. No tuning that day to be able to get the most people on the dyno as possible. Aside from that there will be some give aways hourly and special pricing on motorcycles for that day purchase only.

Something that avoids the super slab but also doesn't take all damn day to get down there....

I don't really think there is a truly "fun" way to get to Columbus without going out of the way. If we took a fun route, we'd inevitably have to slab west a bit to get to Columbus if we took the fun roads down to Millersburg/ Coshocton. I am down to not slab though, I think that's what made the last Epic Ride bearable for me is the fact we took fun roads down which kept me interested and moving around. My tank bag helped on the way home for sure. I was glued to that thing since we did more slabbing to get back home. But so long as there is a group of us, we could make anything interesting.

You have to just pick a day. If it coincides with a big event, people will tell you and you can pick a different day if you want (or not, can't please everyone!).

How about May 16?

May 16th looks to be the date of the Epic Ride.   Probably a different weekend would be better. Or possible that Sunday May 17...

You've got my attention sir...

maybe neo should have a rally point and a ride down to this event?

Definitely can do that!

Yeah we aren't gonna be able to avoid the slab entirely but I like the idea of doing the bulk of the southern leg off in the boonies.

Lies! You can always avoid the slab and find some decent roads.... ... .... unless you go north or west... lmfao

May 16th looks to be the date of the Epic Ride. Probably a different weekend would be better. Or possible that Sunday May 17...

Definitely can do that!

Lies! You can always avoid the slab and find some decent roads.... ... .... unless you go north or west... lmfao

I would like to get to the event on time without having to leave the house at 6am...

May 16th looks to be the date of the Epic Ride.   Probably a different weekend would be better. Or possible that Sunday May 17...

Ok, lets roll with May 17th unless there's some other big event that day.

I see epic ride people haven't picked an actual date yet, but May 16th is leading the polls, so maybe its just better to stay away from that day.

I usually have a huge bbq at my house that weekend for memorial day/my birthday. I'm sure a lot of other members will be attending similar events.

Memorial day is May 25, the previous weekend.  That's why I skipped that weekend in the selection process.

Edited by OsuMj