We have a couple openings!

IndMoto

Motorcycle Tech

If you have at least 3-5 years of technical multi-line DEALERSHIP experience, a GREAT attitude, are a TEAM player, take pride in your work, and are self-motivated we would like to talk to you. New and inexperienced technicians need not apply, we are ONLY looking for qualified technicians to come in and hit the lift wrenching. We offer a great pay structure and benefits.

Job Requirements:
Must own your own tools
Current valid driver's license with motorcycle endorsement
Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills
Minimum of 5 years Japanese motorcycle tech experience
Strong mechanical and diagnostic skills and a customer-focused attitude to go along with a high level of motivation and energy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parts Counter

If you have at least 3-5 years of  multi-line DEALERSHIP parts counter experience, a GREAT attitude, are a TEAM player, take pride in your work, and are self-motivated we would like to talk to you. New and inexperienced parts associates need not apply, we are ONLY looking for qualified parts sales people that can assist a customer the day they hit the counter. We offer a great pay structure and benefits.

Job Requirements

3+ Years of parts counter multi-line dealership experience

Major Vendor general knowledge(Parts Unlimited, WPS, ect)

STRONG customer service and followup skills

Vast vehicle model recognition 

Must know more about parts and crossover than what a diagram or book can tell you. 

No need for a resume. We are a motorcycle dealership, not a banking firm. Send an email to JAdams1034@aol.com with a description of your skills, why you would be a good addition to our team at Independent Motorsports, and your contact information to be considered. No phone calls for the position at this time. 

• Upvote 1

I didn't see where we were asking anyone to quit their current job. Plenty of people go in and out of the industry. Having 5 years of experience doesn't imply they work for one now, but know their way around. That being said, while you may not know of anyone that is looking to leave, not many advertise the fact they want to leave their job before knowing their next step. 

Still looking people!!

I'm not in the field anymore and living nowhere close. I got out because of the pay. I enjoyed wrenching, really I did. I saw that I was never gonna get rich working for somebody else as a service tech. It's a great opportunity I'm sure, I can only hope the pay scale has gone up though.

If you're into motorsports to get rich, you might want to re-evaluate the reality of your chosen profession. If you're good, there is plenty of money to be made. "Getting rich off of it" might be overshooting a little. Be beyond average and make beyond average money. Being around dealerships for 9 years, I've seen techs make great money and I've seen them make crap money. Same with sales people.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You speak absolutely nothing of what you have to offer

such a highly skilled and desirable candidate.  Why should

one even consider a position with you when it appears you

want much but offer little?  This reeks of an attitude of one

being lucky just to be employed by you when the reality is

that to employ a person meeting your desires makes you

the lucky one.  A position of employment is a two way street

the should be mutually beneficial to both and a call for

assistance should express the degree to which a potential

employee could find value in a position with you.

• Upvote 1

I think that's a bit harsh, but that said, Jack does have a point, Justin.  If you're still looking (since January 19), you may want to step up your recruiting game and figure out why you're not landing the right relationship(s).  Jack's right in that 99% of your job posting outlines an extensive set of requirements with just 1% of what the candidate should get out of it.  That might be sufficient in a buyer's market where you get 100 applications for every job, but if you're still looking or have such turnover where you're always actively looking for a replacement pipeline, then you might be doing something wrong.

What are other dealerships offering in terms of pay, hours, benefits, growth opportunities, equity, bonuses, training, etc.?  You don't have to answer that - I'm in finance and don't really care, but those are the kinds of things we have to continually adjust based on the market of any given job class.

I think there's a bit too much being read into this. He's posted job openings listing the criteria that they're looking for, that's it. Is it vague on what they can offer back to an employee? Sure, but anything questioned by an eligible hire would/could be negotiated beforehand or during the interview process. A "qualified" someone looking for work in their area should already have a firm understanding of the position, and it's demands, all else can remain privy only to those pursuing it. I dont know why the positions have stayed available this long, or if they were temporarily filled and have opened up again...but it may not directly reflect how his outfit is ran. People move away, change positions within, grow tired of the industry, or couldn't handle the job and were released.

The obvious is that this is simply an opportunity to achieve gainful employment in a market we all love around here.

I'm in the industry, and the job posting listed here is pretty standard for the positions.

It's easy to find mechanics and parts people, it's hard to find good ones. Just the way it goes.

Good luck in the hunt for qualified applicants OP.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

We are still looking for a Service and Parts counter position to be filled. Was filled previously, but one person was in a motorcycle wreck and could not return, the other ended up not working out. A more extensive review of the position's offerings is available to anyone interested enough to actually inquire about the position. Employment is always mutually beneficial and any perceived "attitude" is imaginary. Bring on the applicants!

• 7 months later...
23 hours ago, 35RFTW said:

Another year and we are looking for more people!! Also looking for a sales person as well!

I would be curious to know what your average salesman makes. Do you lay them off in the down season? I'm not looking for specifics, just a low to high end. 

50 minutes ago, Chrome said:

I would be curious to know what your average salesman makes. Do you lay them off in the down season? I'm not looking for specifics, just a low to high end. 

That's likely DOE.  And if commissions are part of the wage package, it would vary considerably with the employee's work ethic, marketability in that geographic, and the size of the company's showroom inventory.  I've heard averages around $45k for motivated salesmen, but that was at superstore stock levels too.

Edited by Hellmutt

Hellmutt said it best, but given a first year sales person, I'm going to guess around $30k. Work ethic and experience will have the greatest impact on that number. As for laying people off, we actually strive to make sure that doesn't happen. Again, up to the person in the position to make it happen. This is a not a sit and wait for people to walk through the door position.