The first ever College Football Playoff National Championsip Game

Mr Anderson

I can see you and earache's (and i'm sure many other people) point of view on it.  I also think it's somewhat arguing semantics and taking things a little too literally considering what it is, which is harmless team spirit and pride for something they are a part, even if in the smallest of ways... whether it's because they're alumni, a resident of columbus, or ohio, or even because they have family that live in Ohio, or they live in a Big Ten college area, or whatever remote connection imaginable.  I don't think people are claiming any responsibility for the win, I think they're basking in the reflected glory.  We do it during Olympics, World Cups, or even something small like a family member graduating or getting married.  People get enthusiastic and proud for things that they had little to no impact on all the time, and being proud of your school making it to the finals despite many set backs is no different.

Again, cranky old woman, but I've always just thought it was kinda weird... :p I also don't really get the importance that people place on sports.  I just remember my first quarter at OSU, OSU lost to Michigan and people's moods were effected. People were sulking and at least one of my teachers was visibly upset the monday after the game.

Anyway, go bucks!  I hope we win!!!!! :o-h-i-o::ohio#1::ohiostate::banana:

• Upvote 1

Suck it haters and doubters.

Indeed.

Congrats to the Chokers - didn't think they had it in them.

Still hate the shit outta OSU and their fans though :crazy:

Edited by Earache
  • Upvote 1

Again, cranky old woman, but I've always just thought it was kinda weird... :p I also don't really get the importance that people place on sports.  I just remember my first quarter at OSU, OSU lost to Michigan and people's moods were effected. People were sulking and at least one of my teachers was visibly upset the monday after the game.

Anyway, go bucks!  I hope we win!!!!! :o-h-i-o::ohio#1::ohiostate::banana:

Go Bucks 8 time national champs

we crazy

We won. I'm with jbot on this. I can say "we" won because lets face it no team would even be anywhere without the fans. The fans pay for their gear and the coaches salary. If you want to say the unversity does it then I can counter that with the students pay for it. So yes in fact we did win.

OSU loses and doesn't cover. Bank it

42-20 and Oregon was only in it because of 4 turnovers.

Score looks bad for Oregon, but they played well... Simply got outplayed and over run in the end with physical play and brilliant strategy.

Yes, I agree. The OSU turnovers kept them in the game but that Buckeye defense is the reason why OSU won. Go Bucks

Suck it haters and doubters.

Yes, indeed. They only hate because there team is not the very first true national champs

I wish Ohio State wouldn't have choked in that game. Imagine what they could have done with a good coach. We have not had a B1G coach of the year in decades. Someday we will have a worthy individual to lead us. GO BUCKS!

lol good one.

Indeed.

Congrats to the Chokers - didn't think they had it in them.

Still hate the shit outta OSU and their fans though :crazy:

Like I told you before. Different coach and different team. Never underestimate Urban Meyer. Only Urban Meyer and Nick Saban have won National Championships at different schools.

One of the best things about being a Buckeyes fan is knowing how bad it pisses the haters off when WE win.

Watching those sophs beat up on the Ducks last night makes me think you haters are in for some bad years ahead.

Go Bucks!!!

Yes, OSU is the only true undisputed National Champions.

Good thing it happens so rarely.

You could not be so wrong. 8 National Championships (3rd) and 7 Heisman trophy winners(tied 1st). I would say it does not happen so rarely. Also we played in 4 National Championships since 2002 while most teams don't even make it.

You obviously know very little about football if you think that's not going to change with Urban. LOL

Correct. Urban is one of the best coaches in NCAA history. He is ranked 4th in FBS for coaches and the list goes on.

• Upvote 1

Just like a friend down here from Columbus, a guy who is a huge buckeye fan ( and longtime Columbus resident) said, "Ohio didn't earn a #4 ranking".  I agree.  That being said, since then they have done very well.  But this Oregon team is proving to be a defenses' nightmare.  I expect the Ducks to win.

Ohio State did earn the #4 ranking and all the sports analysts will agree on this. TCU lost to Baylor so their out of it. Baylor only had wins over 3 teams with positive records while OSU had 8. Baylor had a weak non conference schedule while OSU did not. Baylor shared their conference championship with TCU. Not Baylors fault but the Big 12 will change that. OSU beat the number 1 running back in the nation and beat the number 2 defense in the nation 59-0. You have to understand that OSU was the underdog in that game. The whole OSU did not deserve the number 4 spot is an invalid arguement. Baylor played a division 2 team. OSU won more games. Baylor lost to MSU which Baylor said they would blow out of the water because big 12 is better than B1G ten. Just wanted to clear that up. Also Virgina Tech beat Cinci and went positive for the season. Also Virgina Tech is just having an off season. VT is one of the only teams with 20 plus positive seasons. Also VT helped OSU a lot because they improved so much. Also OSU was starting with 4 rookies on the o-line. 3 of those linemen are starting in the pros from last years team. Also would like to say OSU won with the 3rd string Quarterback. Also OSU beat 2 heisman canidates and the Heisman trophy winner. Back to back games and that has never happened in NCAA history. OSU proved that a 4th seed team can win the National Championship game. OSU is in the history books as the very first true undisputed National Champions. Go Bucks.

When the confetti settled - The Ohio State Buckeyes are in the record books.

Mark May being booed to the extent that ESPN pulled him off the air was the best thing I've ever seen!!! Urban is seriously setting the Buckeyes up for some dominant seasons to come.  His recruiting is only getting better as they keep winning.

• Upvote 1