Muslim extremists kill 12 at French magazine office

Casper

Good thing it won't be considered terrorism.  

Whats really going to be interesting with this is to see what the French government does, if anything, given their reputation for being "less than aggressive" in dealing with threats.  Whereas 'Murika used to face threats with force, now the world views US like WE view France. 

Edited by YSR_Racer_99

Good thing it won't be considered terrorism.  

Whats really going to be interesting with this is to see what the French government does, if anything, given their reputation for being "less than aggressive" in dealing with threats.  Whereas 'Murika used to face threats with force, now the world views US like WE view France. 

I thought they were considering it terrorism in the last news broadcast I heard this morning, but maybe that's changed since I came to work?

I don't understand your second paragraph's argument, even if it's true that the world feels that way.  We strike with drones (even ex-pats), we work intimately with SO many foreign intelligence agencies to aggressively root out threats (this includes the French who are actually quite good at it), we jail and torture suspected terrorists in secret (and not so secret) international locations where habius corpus is irrelevant, we monitor the crap out of foreign communications, even high-level political and business figures, we jump to immediate conclusions about state-sponsored hacking when even the arguably-more-informed ethical hacking community can't say for certain it was NK... I could go on and on.  What should we be doing that we're not?  Invading countries like NK, Iran and Saudia Arabia?  Committing more troops to Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq?  Writing more sharply worded letters?

• Upvote 2

I thought they were considering it terrorism in the last news broadcast I heard this morning, but maybe that's changed since I came to work?

I don't understand your second paragraph's argument, even if it's true that the world feels that way.  We strike with drones (even ex-pats), we work intimately with SO many foreign intelligence agencies to aggressively root out threats (this includes the French who are actually quite good at it), we jail and torture suspected terrorists in secret (and not so secret) international locations where habius corpus is irrelevant, we monitor the crap out of foreign communications, even high-level political and business figures, we jump to immediate conclusions about state-sponsored hacking when even the arguably-more-informed ethical hacking community can't say for certain it was NK... I could go on and on.  What should we be doing that we're not?  Invading countries like NK, Iran and Saudia Arabia?  Committing more troops to Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq?  Writing more sharply worded letters?

Seems the US is gearing up to do just that.......Iraq specifically.

Edited by Pokey