Cheerson cx-20 quadcopter

Gump

Flew my el cheapo so high today I almost lost sight of it. Then the wind took it about a half mile away with me running behind before I cut power and dropped it in a field. Just glad I didn't drop it in the pond.

You need someone to video you, while you're flying it and chasing it. That'd be better than any aerial video. lol

I just realized I have like 10 coupons, $5 off  a $50 purchase, so Pm me if you want a code.

Got mine today!!! Too bad I have too much going on to play with it. Sump pump to replace then off to camp Lazarus for the maple syrup festival. My sons scout troop will be working the BB gun range. Stop by if you make it out. Hopefully we don't get washed away.

Bow dog. Did you turn the packaging over? That's where I found the extra propellers, propeller guards screwdriver cord Etc.

Got mine today!!! Too bad I have too much going on to play with it. Sump pump to replace then off to camp Lazarus for the maple syrup festival. My sons scout troop will be working the BB gun range. Stop by if you make it out. Hopefully we don't get washed away.

Bow dog. Did you turn the packaging over? That's where I found the extra propellers, propeller guards screwdriver cord Etc.

Yup, my charger and things were there but no screwdriver or blade protectors.

Where can I get one of these ?

"I miss America"

Banggood or Gearbest seems to have the best price. Apparently Gearbest's return policy for defective product means you pay the shipping back. Kinda dumb.

Flew mine today in the 15mph+ wind. Fun, it's a lot smoother up about 50 yards.

Flew mine today in the 15mph+ wind. Fun, it's a lot smoother up about 50 yards.

I tried to fly mine... The wind pushed it onto the road and it almost got ran over, lol... I keep forgetting to stop the video after flight before I turn if off too... It deletes the video :-(

I tried to fly mine... The wind pushed it onto the road and it almost got ran over, lol... I keep forgetting to stop the video after flight before I turn if off too... It deletes the video :-(

Lol. It's a chore. Gotta like push it full left and tilt or right and tilt and work back home. It must go 40mph when you jam it with the wind.

• Upvote 1

Had mine out for a total of three flights, let the kids fly it and now one of the motors are shot because they left the throttle up when it crashed.  good thing there are cheap replacements on Amazon.  anyone else had a motor failure already? 

Just paid my $15 for them to send me a new one, hopefully this one works. On a plus side they didn't ask for the one that never worked back so i should have some spare parts if i need them.

• 2 weeks later...

well, I'm about to say F gearbest

Dear Ryan,   
Thank you very much for your recent message.  

I am sorry the $40 just for the 102017401 not include the battery. 

If any problem,please do not hesitate to contact us.  
Best Regards, 
Caitlyn

They want me to spend $40 more to have a working quad.....told them I'd buy another unit, if they include a second radio free of charge....if not, I wouldn't be ordering from them again.

15 bucks for 1 motor?! No way!!!

CRW Syma X5 X5C Spare Part Anti-clockwise Motor X5-07 and Clockwise Motor X5-08 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MVKAZNY/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_U8Yevb06MFBAV

8 bucks for 1 of each... I have had 2 go out so I just ordered 2 sets...

Edited by jdonn

Their return policy sucks due to freight. If it's defective they should pay to return it.

My bro is having return issue as well but he flew his a few times, wrecked it, and it's 30 days later. I'd tell him to pound sand as well.

Minus the almost 30 day shipping time, they still have good prices.

Knock on wood, my quad is still fine after tons of flights.

Edited by Gump

• 1 month later...

Well, I finally bit the bullet and dropped a load of greenbacks on a new DJI Phantom 2 Vision + Quad copter drone.  Will spend a couple of days getting to know the system which is truly a professional setup. Once I get to the point of comfort with it, I will post up some videos.

Well, I finally bit the bullet and dropped a load of greenbacks on a new DJI Phantom 2 Vision + Quad copter drone.  Will spend a couple of days getting to know the system which is truly a professional setup. Once I get to the point of comfort with it, I will post up some videos.

I have had mine since last year and its a blast. I have flown mine over 3000 feet away. I should be able to go over a mile away with the modifications I did to the antennas

I have had mine since last year and its a blast. I have flown mine over 3000 feet away. I should be able to go over a mile away with the modifications I did to the antennas

Love to see your modifications. I feel the limit to its distance is the one big downside to the system. Other than that, seems to be an awesome system. With some of the best video I have seen. Do you find the video picking up rotor/motor noise? If so, have you found any solutions to limiting it?

I don't get rotor noise but I have noticed video jello mostly caused by wind or unbalance props. It doesn't happen much but with a good gust I notice it and usually is very brief.

I have better antennas on the bird and the controller plus boosters for both the 2.4 and the 5.8ghz signals.

IMG_4322_zpsvribtjwt.jpg

IMG_4321%202_zpstwx4sn29.jpg

So the company I bought the unit from says that they ran out of stock on the units but have offered me a phantom 3 instead of the 2+. The original deal was for the 2+ with three batteries. I said  that if they are offering the 3 pro with 3 batteries I would take the deal. They may only offer it with two batts....what do you all think?

your getting the phantom 3 pro for the same price as a phantom 2+v3 yes I would take that deal. I'm seeing the phantom 3 pro with one extra battery for 1300 and the same deal with a 2+ for 1169 also the phantom 3 advance for 1099.

If this is your first copter and worried about crashing I would buy the phantom 3 advance save some money. Don't get the prop guards unless your flying indoors. 

I bought mine directly from DJI took maybe 10 days 

So the scumbag ( ebay seller name of gpa400jim ) backed out of selling me the 3 and doesn't have the 2 and so I am quad less.....which is both a good thing and bad one... Good cause I have saved a lot of $.... & bad cause I really wanted a high end quad. I bought the blade guards which came in today and a backpack case which I have refused receipt.  Anyone with a dji phantom 2 or 3 need the blade guards????  Going to spend some of the quad $ on going up to Camp Perry and shooting some matches up there this July. I actually had planned on taking the copter up there and flying it for some great views of that place (which is one of my favorite places) in a whole new perspective. I have taken pics from an airplane overhead 1000-5000' above the surface, but never just a few hundred feet above. BUMMER!!!

Edited by myhondas

checked with them....can get the unit with only one batt....have to wait till end of the month before additional batts are available.  So will wait till end of month and then decide what to do. I believe that the prop guards that I got will work on either the 2 or the 3 but not positive.

checked with them....can get the unit with only one batt....have to wait till end of the month before additional batts are available.  So will wait till end of month and then decide what to do. I believe that the prop guards that I got will work on either the 2 or the 3 but not positive.

trust me you won't want to fly with them unless your flying indoors. I bought them because I was so worried about it and found that they only add weight and act like a sail which can cause VRS vortex ring state

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered the Phantom 3 with two batts. It has shipped and will be here in the next 10-14 days.  I understand from the forum talk that the prop guards that I got for the Vision 2+ probably won't work with the 3 due to the blades being slightly longer. Motors are tipped slightly to support braking and thus has reduced the chance of VRS to less than 5% or virtually nil.  I will order the quick disconnect type for it and use them when in confined areas and indoors. Actually glad the scumbag did to me what he did, cause now getting the better machine, but would have been better if I had gotten it at the lower price. I have watched all the videos on the web on it and it looks to be a very solid unit with just a few cons. Looking forward to getting it & taking it up for a spin. Range on this unit states 1.2 miles, but have watched vids of people getting over 3.75 miles out of it....must be open area without large bldgs around though.

Edited by myhondas